Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
xpectdaunxpected

Retin a micro quetsion

does anyone actually see any results?

i mean i have read other users and their experiences but there were mxied answers....some benefited whiles others didn't. But is it really worth it?

I used it for a while. For some of the time it was completely clear and fine, but then it started to get mediocre again (I never really had bad breakouts). I decided to go on accutane before my health insurance expires when I graduate, and it had been about 1+1/2 weeks and I have only one pimple and my skin is pretty much perfect. Accutane is a far superior drug, if you don't mind taking it.

Hi. Retin a works for me.

I've been using it for 5/6 months.During this time I've also been cleansing my body (liver flushes, colonics etc.)

In the first month I had a terrible break out. My skin also looked red and I got redder in the sun eventhough I only went out 1 hour before sunset (UK).My skin was also flaky. BTW I have fair olive skin with slight yellow undertones.

After the first month my skin just got better and better. It cleared up my mild acne (ocassionally cystic) .It's also healing my red marks and improving my pitted scars. My skin is no longer red or flaky (only if I apply too much). I haven't had a cystic spot since I started using it.

People mention that my skin glows.

I think it's lightened my facial skin. My body has always been darker and more yellow anyway but now there's even a bigger difference in colour!!

Good luck and take care.

!

I found Retin-A did little or no use atall. If anything, l felt it made the problem worse, since it was spreading the infection round the face.

If you are planning on using Retin-A, l would suggest you take antibiotics aswell - at least your fighting the infection both inside and outside.

I'm midway through my 5th week and for the first time in my life, I feel good about my skin. I had very mild acne that was mainly red marks that took a long time to fade. Now my skin is finally looking like I want it to, and it seems to only be getting better. The Retin-A Micro made my skin look like crap for the first 3 weeks, making it oily and red and flakey. But now it is looking better every morning. If you hang in there, you'll reap the rewards of patience.

Ha. I've been on Retin-A Micro and Erythromycin tablets for about 12 wks and so far it has completely sucked. Not a scrap of improvement. Just more broken out than I have EVER been, even before I started taking it. I had some breakouts that I THOUGHT were bad, but now I've been schooled on just how bad they really can be by using this "medicine" that is supposed to work all sorts of wonders on your face. Extremely disappointed so far, but hopefully your results will be better. Good luck! biggrin.gif

Sorry. Forgot one thing: The worst thing about this stuff for me was that about wks 2 & 3 my face seemed to be getting much better and I was SO hopeful. But then about a wk later I started to see HUGE underground explosions form on my face around the chin and forehead. So, hopefully for you who are experiencing the "early improvement" it lasts, but don't be too surprised if it's a passing phase.

If you will check out the retin-a micro website, they will tell you what to expect. They admit that the first 2 weeks, you may see improvement, but then the initial breakout will occur. They say to expect more breakouts for weeks 3 through 6. At the end of six weeks and thereafter, improvements will come. I don't guess this is the case with everyone, but my son seems to be on this track. He is now on his 7th week and is really starting to clear (knock on wood). But he is also using benzaclin in the am and taking mino twice a day. So don't give up after 3 or 4 weeks, because it really hasn't started to clear yet!!

hands down acutane does a better job then anything. It also messes you up the most in the process. I was on it.. and stayed clear for about 2 years or so. I am getin a few zits now.. but I have oily skin again I kinda want to go on a low dose accutane trial i think it would cut my oil down a lot.