Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
giveback

can nasal steroid sprays cause acne?

I took a nasal spray for years, and after some research after a bad breakout, I read that some internasal corticosteroids can contribute to acne problems. I weaned myself off the nasal spray, and while it didn't get RID of my acne problems, I definitely saw a major improvement. I would just be very aware of the possibility, so that if there is a problem, you catch it in the beginning.

damn, so are there any alternative for nasal steroids? antihistamines dont work for my congestion. I really have a congested nose all day and I dont wana risk getting acne from buying steroid sprays

Don't use decongestant sprays... that's my two cents. They will cause dependence.

Nasal steroid sprays will not give you acne. If they work to unblock your nose then use them. Other than that you can try an anticholinergic.

I used rinatec.

damn, so are there any alternative for nasal steroids? antihistamines dont work for my congestion. I really have a congested nose all day and I dont wana risk getting acne from buying steroid sprays

I've heard the neti pot works wonders. Here's an article that goes into detail about the benefits of using it.. it also provides instructions. Good luck!