Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
fedup65

Taz makes my face hurt!

I have been using Taz for three weeks. I'm having a HELLISH IB and especially this last week my face has been hurting me so bad. I swear I can feel the cysts erupting/filling with pus. It is a stabbing/stinging pain and then an aching. Does this happen to anyone else? I use a little more than pea-sized amt., am I using too much? Why does this hurt so bad? It hurts to lay down at night.

Are you using it everynight? How about you try using it every other night until your face gets used to it. Then you can slowly start using it every single night. Also I believe it takes six weeks for tazorac to start working in

thanks Molly, I'm going to cut down the dosage. I'm only on it for a month until I go on the tane. I'm worried that when I start taking tane the IB will be so bad from the Taz flushing my skin out that I'll need prednisone. ouch.

thanks Molly, I'm going to cut down the dosage. I'm only on it for a month until I go on the tane. I'm worried that when I start taking tane the IB will be so bad from the Taz flushing my skin out that I'll need prednisone. ouch.

finacea is supposed to be pretty good with similar strength to taz but much less irritation.

there is also differin 0.3% coming out in july, its the least irritating retinoid, but now in a stronger formulation.

I have been using Taz for three weeks. I'm having a HELLISH IB and especially this last week my face has been hurting me so bad. I swear I can feel the cysts erupting/filling with pus. It is a stabbing/stinging pain and then an aching. Does this happen to anyone else? I use a little more than pea-sized amt., am I using too much? Why does this hurt so bad? It hurts to lay down at night.

thanks for the suggestions. I'm acutally on doxycycline but besides clearing my forehead up it hasn't done a thing for my acne. it's funny that you mention ibuprofen, turbosquab, because I had a bad headache/cramps last week and was taking it a lot and my skin seemed to be way less inflamed. it's best when I put the Taz on in the afternoon/evening and then put on Aquaphor at night to help with the infernal peeling and that's what seems to produce the least irritating results.

Also, my lips have started to peel even though I'm not getting the Taz on them. has this happened to anyone? I can't pick or I'll peel half my lip off!

thanks for the suggestions. I'm acutally on doxycycline but besides clearing my forehead up it hasn't done a thing for my acne. it's funny that you mention ibuprofen, turbosquab, because I had a bad headache/cramps last week and was taking it a lot and my skin seemed to be way less inflamed. it's best when I put the Taz on in the afternoon/evening and then put on Aquaphor at night to help with the infernal peeling and that's what seems to produce the least irritating results.

Also, my lips have started to peel even though I'm not getting the Taz on them. has this happened to anyone? I can't pick or I'll peel half my lip off!

Hey Kaila, do you like the Glytone face wash? I just ordered some but I haven't gotten it yet.

Holy S, I just used it!! My face is so smooth I can't believe it! If anything, it looks like it got rid of a lot of the dry, peeling skin from the Taz. My right cheek was super bad and my makeup just went on really smoothly. I used this years ago for my back but my face is so bad right now I didn't think I could use it. glad I did :)

Holy S, I just used it!! My face is so smooth I can't believe it! If anything, it looks like it got rid of a lot of the dry, peeling skin from the Taz. My right cheek was super bad and my makeup just went on really smoothly. I used this years ago for my back but my face is so bad right now I didn't think I could use it. glad I did :)