Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hi im new to this forum. I have been trying all of the natural treatments i have found on this forum (Vinegar, Salt water bath, sun) those have been working fairly well. Here are some pics of how bad my bacne and chestne are.

haha embarrassing pics, i was taking pics to monitor my workout progress.

HPIM0073.jpg

HPIM0068.jpg

I would just like to know where i stand as far as acne goes. i am pretty embarrased about it and avoid pools, beach, ect.

here is another problem though, i believe my acne will clear up over time using the vinegar and salt baths...but

I have joined the Marine Corp and am heading to boot camp in July, and i believe the constant sweating, heavy backpacks, and uncleanliness will lead to a bad increase of acne. anyone have any ideas to minimize my acne from flaring up in boot?

thanks

I was in exactly the same position as you. I had really bad acne on my back and chest and then I went to marine corps boot camp and it got worse. There is nothing you can do, suck it up for 3 months of boot camp and 3 weeks of MCT or SOI. Then deal with it after that.

I was really clear not too long ago but now I have been breaking out again.. what a pain. I think the B5 worked for me but I stopped taking it because it was thinning my hair and I am breaking out again.

Listen man I wish I had the answer for you but I don't. My advice based on products is Paulas Choice. I use the body lotion and it has cleared me like 85% max. It might work better for you though so I would give it a try. Besides that I would just live a normal life. Give your body every reason why it shouldn't have acne, both mentally and physically. I know you might look at that like a strange statement but think about Jesus or whatever religion you think about. Think about good thoughts instead of impure. Like a lot of people will say on this board there is a lot of remedies and of course there is always Dans regime. You never know if you have faith than maybe the tables will turn for you. Honestly I hope they do, good luck man :whistle:

Hi im new to this forum. I have been trying all of the natural treatments i have found on this forum (Vinegar, Salt water bath, sun) those have been working fairly well. Here are some pics of how bad my bacne and chestne are.

HPIM0073.jpg

HPIM0068.jpg

I would just like to know where i stand as far as acne goes. i am pretty embarrased about it and avoid pools, beach, ect.

here is another problem though, i believe my acne will clear up over time using the vinegar and salt baths...but

I have joined the Marine Corp and am heading to boot camp in July, and i believe the constant sweating, heavy backpacks, and uncleanliness will lead to a bad increase of acne. anyone have any ideas to minimize my acne from flaring up in boot?

thanks

HPIM0073.jpg

HPIM0068.jpg

thanks

Thank you for enlisting. I stand in awe of anyone who is willing to serve right now. My husband just retired, and he ended his career on recruiting duty. Where are you going to boot camp? If it is PI (we were stationed at the air station in Beaufort), the humdity is going to be really bad...if it's San Diego, count yourself lucky, the weather is gorgeous here.

Pan Oxyl Soap (a benzoil peroxide soap) helped my body acne. I don't know if you are issued soap in boot camp, or if you have a choice. You might want to see about getting permission to use your own personal care products. These are things to find out before you get there.

HPIM0073.jpg

HPIM0068.jpg

thanks

Thank you for enlisting. I stand in awe of anyone who is willing to serve right now. My husband just retired, and he ended his career on recruiting duty. Where are you going to boot camp? If it is PI (we were stationed at the air station in Beaufort), the humdity is going to be really bad...if it's San Diego, count yourself lucky, the weather is gorgeous here.

Pan Oxyl Soap (a benzoil peroxide soap) helped my body acne. I don't know if you are issued soap in boot camp, or if you have a choice. You might want to see about getting permission to use your own personal care products. These are things to find out before you get there.

HPIM0073.jpg

HPIM0068.jpg

thanks

im going to bootcamp in Camp Pendleton San Diego.

yea ill ask for special soap

My mos is 2846, a radio tech. I would just forget about bringing your own products, your drill instructors and the marine corps is not going to care about your acne because it is not a health issue (like asma for example) so they aren't going to let you have that stuff. You will be issued shitty soap when you get there and you are not going to get any time to care for your acne anyways with what, 30 second showers (if that).

the thing that hurts my acne these days is when I have to wear flak, kevlar, carrying rifle. Also I just went on a battalion hump with all that gear plus a heavy pack on my back. But don't worry you wont be doing that stuff all the time, just get through boot camp and deal with it then.

If you have any questions just ask me.

SemperFi,

As far as I know, there are only two medical dq codes that would apply and they are:

D111.00 Acne/Accutane use - Acne, severe, extensive or currently treated with Accutane

D112.20 Chronic skin disorders - Any chronic skin disorder requiring frequent medical attention or is likely to interfere with performance of duty

So, if your acne is not severe, does not require frequent medical attention or is not likely to interfere with your performance of duty, then you'll probably be okay.

Good luck and many thanks for serving your country. Ooh-rah, Marine!

P.S. Good news that you're not headed to PI. The mosquitoes are so big there that they carry their own ketchup!