Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Survivor540

Nothing is working so far!

I have used practically everything that is advertised on TV (pro-activ, clean and clear, acnefree, and noxema) but nothing seems to work.

I have naturally dry skin, and my pimples usually leave marks once the head of it is gone. I have been thinking of switching to Aveeno (a friend of mine has only used it and she has the prettiest natural glow to her skin, and it is clear) what do you think of Aveeno?

I liked the idea of having something all natural, and it isn't intense on pimple chemicals, but I wasn't quite sure getting it without a review.

Welcome to acne.org :wavey: and happy posting :dance:

Im not a fan of aveeno products. They are very harsh. I would recommend something more mild. You may want to try dans regimen. His products can be ordered from www.danielkern.com

Thanks!

I don't have a huge acne problem, just mostly around my period and I have some stubborn pimples and marks. Are there any products just for that?

well if you dont have big problems, you can do the regimen around those times when you break out.... but if you dont hav to medicate and stuff the rest of the month, i dont think everyday routine is not really necessarry

tell us more in details and how you break out, how products reacted, etc

well if you dont have big problems, you can do the regimen around those times when you break out.... but if you dont hav to medicate and stuff the rest of the month, i dont think everyday routine is not really necessarry

tell us more in details and how you break out, how products reacted, etc

Well when I break out it is usally all in one spot (i.e. chin or eyebrow area, sometimes nose) and it is mostly just red skin with a zit or two (lol this is very akward to type :-D) so it's not hat intense.

It sounds like you might benefit from a dry skin treatment to minimize your breakouts. Acne occurs with dry skin as well as oily skin as you've noticed!

I hear great things about Olay products. You might try one of their moisturizers and see if your skin likes it.

Aveeno is good for some; scoobydoo on these boards used Aveeno products for her entire accutane course with great effect.

You do need to moisturize and exfoliate to reduce your breakouts.

Since your skin is dry, just try some gentle manual exfoliation at first before you try chemical exfoliation. I use the baby hair brush method (see signature). It's best to be very gentle with that method so you won't irritate your skin. You barely need to touch the brush to your skin while you're gently cleansing your face with your cleanser in the shower. Moisturize immediately after your shower and exfoliation.

If your skin is 'tight' feeling after you get out of the shower, your cleanser is too harsh. You will need to switch to a gentle one.

While you're washing your face, use warm, not hot water. Hot water contributes to irritation and drying.

Thanks so much! I didn't know that about cleansers (I have to switch mine now that I know that, because I use clean and clear and that is VERY harsh). I recently got Almay moisturizer (that is the kind of makeup I use and it works great), so I am going to start using that more! Thanks again!