Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
serendipity_

Natural looking makeup

ive been feeling pretty clueless about makeup lately because my face has been clearing up and i dont wear any foundation anymore.Just mascara.Even though its still pretty far off im starting to wonder what i should get for the new school year.I dont want to look completely made up; just nice. So really if anyone has products that they really like and are available offline(i have cosmetic stores at my mall and plenty of drugstores to go to) feel free to help me out here :) Mascara,eyeliner,eyeshadow,foundations anything really.As long as it looks natural.Thats my main concern. I havent bought makeup in a few months now so im looking forward to it :D

thanks in advance

Im a pretty big fan of Almay as far as foundation goes, its the only brand I can truely say doesnt cause me to break out. I use the line smoothing line but for you I would recommend trying the nearly naked line. I dont know how old you are but for a natural non-madeup look I would just concentrate on putting a subtle color of eyeshadow (sorry I dont have any recs for colors but maybe otheres here would) curl your lashes with an eyelash curler and put a nice one-coat layer of mascara on (for that I can recommend max factor 2000 calorie in black) some lipgloss in a nice neutral or light shade and but of anything make sure to have your eyebrows nicely groomed. Try threading! Its a nice way to get a good shape. If you want to go with eyeline...everyone has their own way of doing it but for a nice way to get your eyes to stand out noticeably is to just line the bottom along your lashline. I kind of "feather or blot" my eyeliner on.

Hope that helps!

Why don't you just buy some nice eye makeup and lipstick and skip the foundation and blush? That way your skin can continue to clear up and you still look made up. That's what I do. Most people won't even notice people with foundation and blush on, so you still have to end up wearing the other stuff anyway.

If you really want to have a nice foundation look but less the harm, try Lancome Bienfait Totale tinted moisturizer, it's $42 but worth every penny. You apply it with a foundation brush and it should last you at least 6 months because you only need a dab of this stuff.

I Noticed that since i switched makeup not only has my skin cleared up but ive also been getting compliments on my skin.

I use Physicians formula talc-free foundation people tell me it doesnt even look like i wear make up any more and i also use a little bit of loreal true match innocent flush (Because it doesn't contain glitter")

But really i recommend physicians formula mineral makeup it works great")

good luck :)

this is my basic make up routine (even though i'm not a daily make up wearer), it looks pretty natural. here it is, in order

clarin's instant smooth primer

bobbi brown tinted moisturizing balm

bobbi brown creamy concealor (under eyes and over any blemishes)

clinique stay matte pressed powder

dior skinflash radiance booster pen (a few dots under each eye, a swipe under each eye brow, this will lift and brighten the eye. then a swipe along the curve of the cheek bone to lift and give appearance of higher cheek bones. if i had to have one thing in my make up collection, it would be a lifetime supply of this. BEST EVER)

chanel joues contraste powder brush... blush is all about the brush, i use bobbi brown's blush brush. a bit expensive, but i've had it since 2002. those little ones that come with the blush are worthless

bobbi brown's beige shimmer brick compact (only brushed lightly along the cheek bone line to give a natural "candle light" glow, usually only wear when going out for the night)

throw on a bit of eye liner, as you can see, i'm a bit of a make up snob but my favorite is the covergirl perfect point plus and some mascara, i use diorshow and chanel inimitable.

super natural, not heavy or greasy... it takes me about 5 minutes.

everyday minerals is very popular on here. I suggest you check it out at everydayminerals.com It might take you a few tries to figure out what color you are, but be patient with it

I've been using Everyday Minerals and it's GREAT.

Lately, I've been creating my own tinted moisturizer by mixing Olay's SPF for Sensitive Skin with Everyday Minerals. It really helps to blend everything and prevents the minerals from wearing off throughout the day. Then I put a little bit more minerals to sort of set everything in and use a concealer blush on any spots that need more coverage. It's a very nice sheer way to even out my skin tone and it looks VERY natural. Also, by adding the EDM to the moisturizer, it's not really like you're adding any extra steps to Dan's overall regimen. Which is great considering how long the regimen already takes.

There are a lot of "tinted moisturizers" out there, but frankly, they come in VERY small tubes (like less than 2 ounces). So it's not so much a moisturizer than it is a sheerer diluted foundation.

Anyway, I really like applying make-up this way.

Everyday Minerals also has a lot of fun eye shadow and blush shades for spring/summer too!

Good luck!

i would agree with saphire about using neutral eye shadows. i used to use physician's formula baked eye shadow in oatmeal. i would use the medium shade on the lid, the dark brown shade on the crease, and the lightest color as a highlight. all of these shades don't have a matte finish. i really liked the pigmentation and i think all the colors work nice together.

i recently swapped from liquid foundation to a mineral foundation and im sooo glad i did! just by doing that my skin looked better and i been getting few less spots as my skin can breathe now.

i use bare minerals by bare escentuals.

i think its a american make so sud be easy to get and they do make-overs before you buy so you can get the exact shade!

soon as i started using it i got people saying my skin looked better! it wasnt. it was just that i wasnt wearing 5 inches of orange make-up to try cover it up!

Yeah I've heard MAC's mineral powder works very well. Personally I use Sisley's Phyto Teint Perfect. i use extremely little, but even load it up heavy, its still looks very natural.