Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
scarred12

redmarks are indented?

i now noticed that when i look in the mirror the redmarks look indented but when i touch my face with my finger my face feels smooth?? what is going on? does any one else have this?

hey i have the exact same thing, completely 100% smooth to the touch but definitely have slight dents to them, i get very worried about this as i think they may be permanent and there are loads of them! :cry:

i have posted about this several times but nobody ever replies.... so if you find out any useful info about this please let me know...?

I think it is an optical illusion....the dark spot makes it seem like the skin dips in, like there is a shadow, but in reality when you touch the skin it is an even surface. They should fade & then your skin will look better. It can take long time for red marks to fade though, a year or more even.

I have started to notice this too, much to my dismay. I think they are permanent. Because if I look at my skin in certain lighting, and angles, where I can't really see the color of it but I can see the texture, I see the dents. It is very upsetting but I try to remind myself that most acne scars improve with time anyway, even after the area has healed completely. So at least maybe they will be less noticeable eventually. But even if they don't get much better, I try to remind myself that having some skin colored (eventually) dents is better than having a face full of red, inflammed pimples and cysts. And that nobody scrutinizes my skin like I do. And that it could always be much much worse. I mean, I could have a completely disfigured face or burn marks or something horrible like that. Look at Seal, his face is very disfigured but he seems happy and has a beautiful super model wife!

I think we notice our scars more than anyone else. Because ever since I got my bad breakout a few months ago, I started scrutinizing people's skin. And I noticed people that had acne scars, that I had seen on a regular basis either at work or socially, but I NEVER noticed them before. I thought that was interesting. I just am trying to make a conscious effort to not think about the scars and not let them affect my personality. Nobody is perfect. I've had a few instances in my life where I've been left with bad scars. I gained a lot of weight once and now have TONS of stretch marks everywhere. I had an abscess and had surgery and was left with a bad scar. I had a bicycle accident and was left with several scars on my knee and arm. And in the past, I just tried to embrace it. And think of it as a battle scar (or scars!) from a tough time in my life that I made it through. So if I apply that to all these new scars I have on my face, I can say..."well, I went through a hard time and I made it out. I have scars, but they are part of who I am. Yeah, they are on my face and it sucks. But really, I'm no less attractive than I was before just because my skin isn't flawless. I can either embrace the scars and carry on with my life, and be the bubbly, outgoing person that people love to be around. Or I can let them defeat me and change who I am. I choose to embrace them and just live my life." Easier said than done sometimes, but I try.

With that said...DO try to remember though, that these kinds of scars that we seem to have (small dents, smooth skin) are very superficial and should become quite unnoticeable with time. The skin has an amazing ability to repair itself.