Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
3pointshoota

Novo-Minocycline with food or without

My derm perscrbed my 1 100mg Novo-minocycle pill per day for 60 days. She said if Im not drastically clearer after that, I can go on accutane. She also said that I can take minocycline with food. But my pharamisict told me that if you want it to be fully effective take it 1h or after you eat food.

Should I take this on an empty of full stomach?

I'm also on 100mg minocycline. I'd try and take it an hour before eating. I never did this, and it still worked fine, tho. I've been taking it an hour before eating for the past week or two, though, and my condition has gotten a lot better. BTW I've been on it for like 15 months. So I'd try to take it about an hour before eating, but if not, no biggie.

Been on the mino for 3 days now. I think I have a pproblem though. I take the mino at 4pm everyday w/o food. I eat my dinner at 6. But everynigh as Im going to bed, my stomach feels pain. Im not sure if its hunger pain, but nevertheless I do feel something. Do you suggest that I take the mino with food? Or does this sound like a warning that I should get off mino?

My derm told me it is more effective on an empty stomach but said it wasn't necessary. However do not take within two hours of ingesting dairy products or antacids. I would take it after meals as long as I didn't eat dairy products and it worked just as well.