Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
cassiopeia

Had my first-ever facial today!!

... and SOOOOOOOOO relaxing. She did a glycolic facial, over some salicylic acid base. Because of my acne-prone skin, she switched that for the massage, and did some extractions. My face definitely looked lighter after, thanks to the glycolic, and my pores were tighter. Overall, I loved it, I only hope I can afford to go regularly, because I think between doing this and using Paula's Choice, my blackheads and closed comedones will really be diminished!

i'll get one before my birthday. man, it's so expensive :rolleyes: i'll probably get facial just to treat myself every once in awhile. at the moment i just can't afford to get facials on a regular - monthly basis

I'm afraid to get a facial done on my face as I have very sensitive skin and I fear having whiteheads and blackheads erupt and getting a severe breakout after the fact.

... and SOOOOOOOOO relaxing. She did a glycolic facial, over some salicylic acid base. Because of my acne-prone skin, she switched that for the massage, and did some extractions. My face definitely looked lighter after, thanks to the glycolic, and my pores were tighter. Overall, I loved it, I only hope I can afford to go regularly, because I think between doing this and using Paula's Choice, my blackheads and closed comedones will really be diminished!

I'm afraid to get a facial done on my face as I have very sensitive skin and I fear having whiteheads and blackheads erupt and getting a severe breakout after the fact.

I've decided to take the plunge and go take esthetician training. I have a few lucky friends who've volunteered to let me practice facials! They sure were quick to volunteer. :) I have always enjoyed learning about products and procedures even in just clinicals for nursing, so this will be a whole new experience/vista for me.

I am hoping that during the training I get to have a few done myself.

Wow, I totally hated getting facials. I felt like I was being physically punished for helplessly having bad skin. haha ... it's funny when I think about all those emotions I felt while undergoing extractions.

I've decided to take the plunge and go take esthetician training. I have a few lucky friends who've volunteered to let me practice facials! They sure were quick to volunteer. :) I have always enjoyed learning about products and procedures even in just clinicals for nursing, so this will be a whole new experience/vista for me.

I am hoping that during the training I get to have a few done myself.

I do facials myself - exfoliate, steam open pores, extract any shit I see (that's okay to extract), then apply an acne busting mask.

It's hard to believe sometimes how I'm so high maintanence in terms of skin care, yet I don't have very good skin.

If you go to a school where they teach esthetics, they will give you facials for much cheaper which I think mine was twenty something. I had my first facial done there and it was SOOOOO relaxing (except for the extractions). I loved that she gave me an upper massage and when they put the warm towel on your face feels sooooo good! Hmm I should make another appointment!