Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Addie

Le Velvet Film Makeup Compact Foundation

Has anybody tried Le Velvet Film Makeup Compact Foundation by Physician's Formula? How'd it work out?

It claims it's hypoallergenic, fragrance-free, and non-comedogenic.

I've been looking at mineral make-up, but I sweat excessively, so I'm thinking that might not go down too well.

So, then I found this foundation, which is supposed to be water-proof, which sounds promising. Also, Physician's Formula usually treats me well.

I also end up only using more light coverage products, when I really do need more coverage, because of sensitivity. This one has medium- to full-coverage depending on how you work it. Does full-coverage look mask-like? I don't really want that. I also like my freckles, but I'll probably lose those, if I lose the acne, huh?

It "may" contain talc. I'm pale, so I'm going to assume it "will" contain talc. I looked up talc on a list of cosmetic ingredients and their comedogenicity, and it got a 1 out of 5 for comedogenicity and a 0 out of 5 for irritation. I think it's probably low on the ingredients list, if it's in there.

Actually, here's the list of ingredients, in case you guys have any opinions on them:

ACTIVE INGREDIENTS:OCTISALATE,TITANIUM DIOXIDE.OTHER INGREDIENTS:TRIDECYL STEARATE,NEOPENTYLGLYCOL,DICAPRYLATE/DICAPRATE,TRIDECYL,TRIMELLITATE,ISOSTEARYL NEOPENTANOATE,POLYETHYLENE,CARNAUBA,CERESINE,OZOKERITE,IRON OXIDES,PROPYLPARABEN,BUTYLPARABEN. MAY CONTAIN:TALC,ULTRAMARINES.

I'd only be wearing it with mascara and some kind of lip product, no concealer, for reference, too.

So, opinions?

i've used it and it has good coverage. the problem for me was that it didn't set well and didn't last long. They sell litte samples so u could consider that as an option for trying it out.

i've used it and it has good coverage. the problem for me was that it didn't set well and didn't last long. They sell litte samples so u could consider that as an option for trying it out.

meaning that it doesnt stay on the skin will - like if your skin touches a piece of clothing or paper, it will come off. i'm thinking it would build up in the creases around your eyes. the oil production in your skin def contributes - that was my major problem.

good luck and let me know how it goes

*sighs*

Will do.

And I think the quote in your sig is awesome and true. V for Vendetta is definitely on my Top 5 Favorite Movies List.

*sighs*

Will do.

And I think the quote in your sig is awesome and true. V for Vendetta is definitely on my Top 5 Favorite Movies List.

*sighs*

Will do.

try it and see if it works for you. everyone is different; that's just how it worked for me. i certainly don't want to discourage you - just wanted to share my experience. actually, i'm interested in seeing how it works for someone else.

as for V, thanks and yes, that is definitely a Top 5 for me. i love the message. would be interesting to see something like that actually unfold in the US. It bears some eery similarities to the current state of our nation.

It's very thick and will melt right off your face if you have oily skin or in any heat. This is one of the first foundations I ever wore back in highschool. I liked it due to it's coverage, but it is very waxy and gets very shiny and melty.

Yes, that was incredibly creepy. It's the extreme progression of where the U.S. seems to be going lately. I bet, if it hadn't been set in England, there would have been some serious controversy over that.

It's very thick and will melt right off your face if you have oily skin or in any heat. This is one of the first foundations I ever wore back in highschool. I liked it due to it's coverage, but it is very waxy and gets very shiny and melty.