Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Potatoes.

i look like an old man

i'm now on my 5th day of starting DKR and my skin looks and feels like crap. :(

I know this is expected but i feel like there's something going wrong here. I'm only using a tiny amount of bp once a day and i'm moisturising twice a day and my skin still feels very dry, tight, and is just old looking, like it looks as if my skin is really thin and has these fine lines/wrinkles all over, that's the only way i can think of explaining it lol.

I really don't know what to do now because as for clearing my acne, the bp seems to be helping alot so far. but i think i'd rather have healthy acne skin than look like an old grandpa.

Will this stage pass and will it start smoothing out again?...do you reckon it would be a good idea if i cut down the bp use to once every other day?.

help pleaseeee :pray: ...cause i'm really thinking of giving up already. :doubt:

Do you use moisturizer? And if so, what kind?

Moisturizing is SO important.

Also, even though I'm only 26, I use eye cream 2X a day just to fight off those little fine lines...

It sounds like your skin is dehydrated.

Let us know which products you are currently using.

edited to add: nevermind, I found your other post. You are using Panoxyl bp and Simple Moisturizer.

You should know that Panoxyl is known to be more drying and irritating that some of the other bp brands. And Simple Moisturizer just may not be hydrating enough to handle the dryness the Panoxyl is causing. You have a few options, you can try a better moisturizer, or a different bp brand.

For now, decrease the bp even further, or possibly skip the next application to give your skin a break, and do consider a better moisturizer. Are you in the UK? You might try Eucerin Dry Skin Relief Face Cream with 5% Urea, many of our UKers swear by it.

edited to add: nevermind, I found your other post. You are using Panoxyl bp and Simple Moisturizer.

You should know that Panoxyl is known to be more drying and irritating that some of the other bp brands. And Simple Moisturizer just may not be hydrating enough to handle the dryness the Panoxyl is causing. You have a few options, you can try a better moisturizer, or a different bp brand.

For now, decrease the bp even further, or possibly skip the next application to give your skin a break, and do consider a better moisturizer. Are you in the UK? You might try Eucerin Dry Skin Relief Face Cream with 5% Urea, many of our UKers swear by it.

Panoxyl? isnt that like 10% BP?

yeah i think even a little amount of it can dry your skin out... especially that you are just starting your regimen O_O

like Dan recommends, 2.5% BP is far less dry and just as effective as 10% BP

^ Panoxyl has a 2.5% version, but whatever the "other" ingredients are, it does seem to be harsher than other bp formulations.

hi brandy,

yeh i think the panoxyl is defiantly too drying, i've now ordered dan's BP and cleanser and i'm gonna give that a go. :D

I do have eucerin dsr moisturiser but can't use it as i appear to get some wierd reaction to it, my face goes reallly red like bad sunburn, and stings like hell. Maybe it's something to do with panoxyl reacting with it though, so i'll try it again when i get dans bp. :)

ok i'm gonna try just applying it every other day then until i get my supplies. thx. :cool: