Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
davedevil

my bet on N-lite

I will have my first N-lite treament on next monday. I have shallow scars on my right cheek, about 30 - 40 of them. Most of them disappear when i stretch out the skin, and/or in the moring, when my face look buffy, most of the scars are not visible. but if i'm standing under day light, or if standing under some overhead lighting indoor, my scars look horrible, and people would staring at me like I am a monster or something. Since the scars are shallow, i want to start with the least aggressive treatment first, and i've deceided to give N-lite a try(even though i know SB probably would work better, but there is no doc in my area provides SB, btw i live in San francisco). My doc told me N-lite isn't gonna flatten out the scars completely, but it'll more or less help. For me, I would say 30% over all imporvement would make me happy. It is becasue after seeing so much negative comments about N-lite in the board, I wouldn't give much hope on it. And I am very worry about the break out problem associate with the treament, that's one of the reason why i only try it on my right cheek first, because if I do really get a break out, it would be limited in that area. Anyway, i booked 2 treatments within 2 weeks apart, $500 in total. Could anyone tell me if N-lite gonna help the shallow scars as I descrbed above?

I will keep you guys posted on my progress and I really hope that the N-lite could at least help my scars a bit.

Hey Dave

NLite doesn't break you out - don't worry!!! I have had 5 NLites over a year .. but my scars are very deep .. and they were done in conjunction with more invasive methods (subcision, excision etc..) .. and to be honest, I probably didn't get much benefit from them as I was a smoker until 8 weeks ago.

It probably helped to smooth the skin a little but doesn't help with deep scars ... maybe it will help you but I don't think 2 sessions will be enough.

It would be more effective to have something like skin needling or subcision along with the NLite.

Good luck anyway!!

Hey Dave

NLite doesn't break you out - don't worry!!! I have had 5 NLites over a year .. but my scars are very deep .. and they were done in conjunction with more invasive methods (subcision, excision etc..) .. and to be honest, I probably didn't get much benefit from them as I was a smoker until 8 weeks ago.

It probably helped to smooth the skin a little but doesn't help with deep scars ... maybe it will help you but I don't think 2 sessions will be enough.

It would be more effective to have something like skin needling or subcision along with the NLite.

Good luck anyway!!

Hi dave,

i read your posts on N-Lite, and am wondering if you're happy with the results (I only you just recently got it, so it may be premature), but hope everything is going well! Could you share the name of your doctor in the SF area? Who is it ? How did you find him/her? and are you happy with him/her?

Thanks!!

Sarra

Hi  dave,

i read your posts on N-Lite, and am wondering if you're happy with the results (I only you just recently got it, so it may be premature), but hope everything is going well!  Could you share the name of your doctor in the SF area?  Who is it ? How did you find him/her?  and are you happy with him/her?

Thanks!!

Sarra

Hi there

I have had full face and neck N Lite twice now with Dr. Chu and would say I have been quite pleased with the results so far, you just have to be patient.

Don't expect to see any change in your skin until at least 21 days in

But I definitely think it has helped most of my scars fill in a little

Hope to be having more subscision and N Lite at the beginning of March, just depends on Dr.Chu and what he recommends

I had N-lite done 5 time over a year ago. I have small shallow scars, not too bad. N lite did nothing, zero, in any way, for my scars, or skin in general. Even doctors and clinicians now say N"lite is a useless treatment. Please beleive me and do not waste your money.

James