Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jay DeMerit

Doctors view on ACV and acid peels

Went to see my doctor yesterday and he said that he thinks ACV and acid peels just irritate the skin and aren't worth doing. He just gave me more tetracyline tablets (like they all do).

They don't know anything!

Well you can also go see another derm/clinic. But i think theyre right, i dont think continually peeling the skin will do much because red marks are red for a reason, theres an excessive amount of blood vessel feeding it. So how does peeling off layers of skin or temporary stinging it with vinager make it go away? From a logical POV it just cant. Unless your red marks are really just brown marks, peels shouldnt really work.

Well you can also go see another derm/clinic. But i think theyre right, i dont think continually peeling the skin will do much because red marks are red for a reason, theres an excessive amount of blood vessel feeding it. So how does peeling off layers of skin or temporary stinging it with vinager make it go away? From a logical POV it just cant. Unless your red marks are really just brown marks, peels shouldnt really work.

some people only have red marks from acne ( previous spots) raised red scars etc

... where as some ppl just had a red tone to the skin ...roscea or something i think its called

so ppl who have never had roscea underneath all that there is fresh skin...

i had micro derm, glycolic acid peel followed by pdt blu-light last week and redness has faded soooo much about 60-70% and that was my first treatment

i would reccomend it for that type of redness

some people only have red marks from acne ( previous spots) raised red scars etc

... where as some ppl just had a red tone to the skin ...roscea or something i think its called

so ppl who have never had roscea underneath all that there is fresh skin...

i had micro derm, glycolic acid peel followed by pdt blu-light last week and redness has faded soooo much about 60-70% and that was my first treatment

i would reccomend it for that type of redness

anything is worth a try i guess... good luck

red marks aren't from blood, they are inflammation of the skin (on a microscopic, cellular level) peels actually do help with red marks usually.

ACV has done nothing for my redmarks. In fact, sometimes I feel they last a lot longer when I'm using ACV, however, it has been AWESOME for my cystic acne.