Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I dont know wut is wrong with me, everytime I was my face or go to the mirror, i have to pick at something. This time once the wheel began to turn, I couldnt stop it. My skinds kind of weird, because all the pimples that i popped all reduced to flat skin within 3 or so hours but the places that I squeezed are red and blemishy. Normally when I do this, it takes 2-3 days for the redness to fully go away.

Is there any way to speed up the process to maybe a couple of hours?

I use Duac gel (which I have on now; put on after I washed my face and began picking).

Help please??

Okay, I have this problem too. I go through periods of picking a lot like you. You're pretty lucky if the blemishes after you have picked go away after 2-3 days. My marks last for months. I don't think you'll be able to speed up the healing process to a couple of hours to be honest.

And be careful about what you use on your skin. From my experience, leaving my skin to heal by itself after I have picked or squeezed seems to be the best thing and leads to quicker healing. When I use stuff after picking - on open sores - it just makes things a lot worse. The sore gets bigger and irritated and this is probably why my marks are taking a long time to go.

Okay, I have this problem too. I go through periods of picking a lot like you. You're pretty lucky if the blemishes after you have picked go away after 2-3 days. My marks last for months. I don't think you'll be able to speed up the healing process to a couple of hours to be honest.

And be careful about what you use on your skin. From my experience, leaving my skin to heal by itself after I have picked or squeezed seems to be the best thing and leads to quicker healing. When I use stuff after picking - on open sores - it just makes things a lot worse. The sore gets bigger and irritated and this is probably why my marks are taking a long time to go.

really? Just ice it? what does that do...???

I will give it a try, how long do I ice it for?

really? Just ice it? what does that do...???

I will give it a try, how long do I ice it for?

Really, the only solution is to stop picking, and believe me I know how hard it is. I struggle with it but I've made it three days now without picking and my skin is almost totally clear other than redmarks and two little pimples. Whenever I get the urge to pick I try to distract myself with something else, but you have to think through what you'll distract yourself with way before you get the urge. Since I'm a girl, I'll buff and polish my fingernails, and it's working for me. :) So just find something to distract yourself with and like it was mentioned above just put ice on it. Just make sure not to leave it on for to long. Little periods at a time work best.

I dont know wut is wrong with me, everytime I was my face or go to the mirror, i have to pick at something. This time once the wheel began to turn, I couldnt stop it. My skinds kind of weird, because all the pimples that i popped all reduced to flat skin within 3 or so hours but the places that I squeezed are red and blemishy. Normally when I do this, it takes 2-3 days for the redness to fully go away.

Is there any way to speed up the process to maybe a couple of hours?

I use Duac gel (which I have on now; put on after I washed my face and began picking).

Help please??

use fruit of the earth aloe vera gel. i heard it's really good at healing wounds and reducing redness. you could get that stuff in like walmart or riteaid