Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Endoftheline

What do you think--Mild/Moderate or Severe?

Pics are at the bottom of the post now.....

I'd say that this is definitely one of my better days. What can you guys see immediately as my problems? (clogged pores, closed comedones, etc.) I know I have the pustules but what's the reason for the overall bumpy appearance of my skin? Any technical feedback like that would be awesome.

Also, do you think it would be wise for me to start moojamba's routine or is my acne beyond that? I have tried DKR for a year and before that have tried many prescriptions, ranging from benzaclin to retin-a to differen along with doxycycline, etc.

What's the best advice you guys can give me?

Thanks! :surprised:

post-59687-1182314167_thumb.jpg

post-59687-1182314172_thumb.jpg

post-59687-1182314178_thumb.jpg

post-59687-1182314185_thumb.jpg

post-59687-1182314167_thumb.jpg

post-59687-1182314172_thumb.jpg

post-59687-1182314178_thumb.jpg

post-59687-1182314185_thumb.jpg

Hey welcome to acne.org :wavey: and happy posting!

If you want help faster you can upload your pics on www.photobucket.com and then paste the link here

It looks moderate to me. Its not mild but it definitely isnt severe either. I have moderate acne to. My derm prescribed my evoclin and it has been getting better every single day. My scars have been fading and the most amount of pimples I have at one time is five. You may want to ask your derm about it

It is moderate, particularly in the areas where you shave. It is mild to non-existent! in other areas.

Have you been to a dermatologist? S/he can tell you if the 'acne' is truly acne or whether the inflammation is related to folliculitis. Folliculitis is a common bacterial infection of the hair follicles. It can be treated nicely with either by mouth or topical antibiotics.

If it's acne, a topical or oral short term use antibiotic will be greatly beneficial, but that carries risks along with it. It might be better to try a topical like Benzoyl Peroxide first, as that also kills the acne bacteria.

It is moderate, particularly in the areas where you shave. It is mild to non-existent! in other areas.

Have you been to a dermatologist? S/he can tell you if the 'acne' is truly acne or whether the inflammation is related to folliculitis. Folliculitis is a common bacterial infection of the hair follicles. It can be treated nicely with either by mouth or topical antibiotics.

If it's acne, a topical or oral short term use antibiotic will be greatly beneficial, but that carries risks along with it. It might be better to try a topical like Benzoyl Peroxide first, as that also kills the acne bacteria.

Hey, thanks for the reply. Could it be folliculitis? to tell you the truth, I shave maybe once every 10 days...I know, I'm a "slob" but how do you shave when you have all the pustules that I have?

I've used BP for so long...it has worked to a great extent but hasn't fully otten rid of my acne...I feel like it's destroying my skin's ability to look healthy also.

Thanks! :dance: