Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

i'm on DOXYCIN 100m capsules" and a gel called "CLINDOXYL GEL" (clindamycin 1% and benzoyl peroxide 5% ).

(45 capsules in total )

I have mild acne.

it's been exactly 23 days that i have been on it.. and my acne had not cleared up,.

just have alot of blemishes and pimples near my jaw line....

my derm is gonna put me a Accutane,

i went for my blood test yesterday, it will take 1 week for the results.. should i continue to take my DOXYCIN 100m capsules" and "CLINDOXYL GEL" (clindamycin 1% and benzoyl peroxide 5% ).

until i get my accutaine or should i try using proactive...until then ?

your advice would be greatly appricated..pls !

would it be bad switch from DOXYCIN 100m capsules" and a gel called "CLINDOXYL GEL" to proactive until i get my blood test for accutane ????

if you are sure you are going to use accutane I would stop taking your oral antibiotics. If you take them close to accutane it could still be in your bloodstream when accutane is and can cause the hypertension in the blood vessels in your brain and give you horrible headaches. I had to stop taking orals for 3-6 days (I can't really remember that well, it was somewhere around there) before I started accutane