Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
NewDime

Just wanted to put my story out there...

Hey,

I'm new to this message board, so I wanted to get my story out there. I'm really happy I found this website. Reading the stories of other people's problems with acne has helped me feel that I'm not completely alone. I've had acne since I was about 12 years old, and it's only got worse. I'm on a regimen of tetracycline, erythromycin, and retin-A, and so far, it has almost completely cleared my skin. However, I still get down about the few pimples I do get sometimes. I'm also scared to look in the mirror, especially if I'm in an area with bright lights. Come to think about it I'm scared of most bright lights -- even with clear skin. The one thing that really bothers me about having acne is that I sometimes have no confidence. I don't want to leave the house. I don't want to hang out with friends, and I don't want to go to any social gatherings. I feel that I'm an attractive guy and I like going to partys, but if I have a pimple I feel like crap. I've sometimes been so depressed all I want to do is sleep and be unconscious. I know that my skin will clear up someday -- maybe in a month with this new medication, so I won't give up. I just want to say thanks to all the people on this message board who have shared their stories. You don't know how much you've helped me.

Same with me. I am a very good looking guy, when ever my acne clears up for a few weeks girls talk to me all the time, but when it flares up like right now, I am very depressed. This really hot girl I asked to our Formal when I was looking good about a month ago, and now I find it hard to talk to her because I feel self conscious about my acne. I cant wait until I have a clear face, it will make me feel so much better. Right now, all I do is think about my acne, not matter what I am doing. I dont know how great I would feel to have clear skin.