Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mandy Ann

Mandy's Infamous Accutane Log

ugh, mandy, my skin is starting to look like your pics of your skin were you have some of the rash. WHAT IS IT?!

Ben darlin'.... I seriously do research on what this rash could be every night but i'm not having much luck at all :( I wish I knew what it was too.

:wiggle:

:ninja:

Does anyone by chance know how long I can "safely" use hydrocortisone cream while on accutane? I hear long term use is very bad.. but I dont know whats concidered "long term"? Thanks!

A week I believe. Hydrocortisone can cause permanent skin-structure chance so ideally you shouldn't be using it on the face.

OH SHIT I didn't know I'm not suppose to use it on the face O_O Well i've only used it for 2 nights luckily.. i'll stop now.

NOoooooooooo two new zits today. I just discovered them in the shower... one is a painful under the skin feeling one on my cheek but its small... and then other is above my eyebrow. I don't know what to blame it on.. i'm thinking maybe its a small IB from getting bumped up from 40 mg to 80. My derm told me I might break out a little. It's either that or the new makeup I started wearing around the exact same time I started on 80 mg :unsure: I hope these suckers go away fast.

Oh no :( :( :( Something worse is happening to my face now. I just went to apply toner to my face to get off extra traces of makeup... and there are about 7-8 BRIGHT RED marks on my face (I know I have a billion other marks on my face but they aren't a bright red)... these marks are not zits... just flat skin and they werne't here at all this morning. This is so damn frusterating :( Tomorrow i'll call for a doctor appt asap because I'm sick and tired of dealing with this shit each and every day when I know there is something up with my skin. If I can't get in to see a doctor before the 17th of September (day of my next derm appt.)... then I will demand my derm listen to what I have to say about what I think is going on with my skin and hopefully realize how incredibly concerned I am. I just hope she won't have me out of her office in less than a minute like last time.

Oh no :( :( :( Something worse is happening to my face now. I just went to apply toner to my face to get off extra traces of makeup... and there are about 7-8 BRIGHT RED marks on my face (I know I have a billion other marks on my face but they aren't a bright red)... these marks are not zits... just flat skin and they werne't here at all this morning. This is so damn frusterating :( Tomorrow i'll call for a doctor appt asap because I'm sick and tired of dealing with this shit each and every day when I know there is something up with my skin. If I can't get in to see a doctor before the 17th of September (day of my next derm appt.)... then I will demand my derm listen to what I have to say about what I think is going on with my skin and hopefully realize how incredibly concerned I am. I just hope she won't have me out of her office in less than a minute like last time.

Ohhhh Mandy :comfort: You must be so incredibly frustrated! I know how you feel. Hang in there hun. Hopefully you will get your doc appointment soon. :angel:

Here's my advice Mandy - get angry. God knows you've been through enough. A while ago, I was suffering from multiple painful abscesses all along the backs of my legs and bum etc. They left scars. I had them for 4 months. I was put on antibiotics that did sod all. I saw a derm who put me on a bloody acne regime. I couldn't work, sleep, sit, study etc. I was in agony.

Sooooooo I went the hospital. They told me to go back to my doctor. I bawled my eyes out and refused to leave. :D

Turns out it was a penicillin resistant bacteria. They gave me stronger antibiotics and I am abscess free...but mentally, I will never be the same.

Sometimes, reverting back to your five year old self is a good idea. These people have no idea what hell you must go through. Make it obvious ;)

Damn right, you start making demands!

Oh, and hello btw (first post) - you said your objective was to inspire? You've surpassed yourself m'dear. You're so patient and good natured despite all this crap - I really do wish you the best of luck and I truly mean it - these are not empty words of support. Keep us updated and let us know how you get on.

Awww Mandy I'm so sorry to hear that your skin is frustrating you. I hope everything works out. I agree with everyone else who has told you to act like a complete bitch to your doctor next time you see them, you deserve an answer already!! You're beautiful girlie! Keep us all updated! Luv you!

xoxo

- Jenn

Here's my advice Mandy - get angry. God knows you've been through enough. A while ago, I was suffering from multiple painful abscesses all along the backs of my legs and bum etc. They left scars. I had them for 4 months. I was put on antibiotics that did sod all. I saw a derm who put me on a bloody acne regime. I couldn't work, sleep, sit, study etc. I was in agony.

Sooooooo I went the hospital. They told me to go back to my doctor. I bawled my eyes out and refused to leave. :D

Turns out it was a penicillin resistant bacteria. They gave me stronger antibiotics and I am abscess free...but mentally, I will never be the same.

Sometimes, reverting back to your five year old self is a good idea. These people have no idea what hell you must go through. Make it obvious ;)

Damn right, you start making demands!

Oh, and hello btw (first post) - you said your objective was to inspire? You've surpassed yourself m'dear. You're so patient and good natured despite all this crap - I really do wish you the best of luck and I truly mean it - these are not empty words of support. Keep us updated and let us know how you get on.

Aww :wub:! That bolded part was so sweet of you to say..... :blush: I'm glad you were able to get rid of the abscesses... and I know 10000% what you mean when you say you'll never be the same mentally.... My life has been changed so much since April when my skin first got horrible... and I don't think i'll mentally be the same girl I was a year ago.

why do you keep breaking out so badly?

Couldn't tell ya... I wish I knew myself. (i'm clear right now btw.. 1 zit.)

Awww Mandy I'm so sorry to hear that your skin is frustrating you. I hope everything works out. I agree with everyone else who has told you to act like a complete bitch to your doctor next time you see them, you deserve an answer already!! You're beautiful girlie! Keep us all updated! Luv you!

xoxo

- Jenn

Thanks hun :wub: I have a doctor appointment in 2 weeks (Blah! I hate waiting..) but its for a pelvic exam. It's just with a normal nurse practioner though so i'm also going to have her sit down and tell her about what's going on with my skin and my rash.

Update: Things are fine today... Rash looking a bit worse than usual buuuuuuut.. I just bought some antifungal cream that has miconazole nitrate 2% in it. I did some research and I figured its fine to put on my face (I found a forum where someone also had a rash on their face and applied monistat containing miconazole also! lol)....... Right now my only conclusion is that my rash is some type of fungal rash probably from when I took antibiotics and prednisone and its just stuck around ever since. Could it be that my acne was possible fungal related back in april? I mean, it got REALLLY really severe, like i've mentioned a thousand times, when I got strep throat and started using penicillin. And my skin was looking its absolute worse after the penicillin. I'll use the fungal cream for a couple weeks until my next appointment. =]

Just had to stop by and say I love Mandy, she's the coolest girl around.

Aww :wub: Back 'atcha

I FORGOT THE DAY IM ON BUT HERE'S AN UPDATE:

I've been a little careless with my face the past few days.... I partied and slept in my makeup overnight a couple times.... but I don't really notice any new breakouts except maybe a couple clogged pores *Knocks on wood!*

Heres a couple pics-

Before (last month maybe?)

After (today)

Befooorre

After (today)

In the "after" pics, I think my webcam might just be flattering me because I personally think my face looks a lot worse than in the pics......... BUT I could just be overly paraniod thinknig that I don't see a difference since I look at my face 10000 times a day.

Heya Mandy,

I admire you, and your courage. I've been through your entire log! and that other pre-log :). Your skin is looking soooo much better, you are and always were gorgeous! I'm sure that in just a few months time your skin cells will annihilate all them red marks. You'll be stopping traffic! (in a good way :P)..

Best of luck to you!

Heya Mandy,

I admire you, and your courage. I've been through your entire log! and that other pre-log :) . Your skin is looking soooo much better, you are and always were gorgeous! I'm sure that in just a few months time your skin cells will annihilate all them red marks. You'll be stopping traffic! (in a good way :P )..

Best of luck to you!

Aww that was so sweet :wub:

You guys.. I am so incredibly depressed today... you have no idea. I'll try to take a picture, but the rash on my upper left cheek has spread incredibly and gotten a LOT redder :cry: I dont know what happened.. things were fine for half the day yesterday... and then I look later on and the left side of my face all of a sudden looked TERRIBLE. I'm not sure if its because I took a hot shower and then had my space heater on me and my skin got irritated or what.. but wow, what a downer this is. One of my blister bumps spread a little bit... so I took an icecube and rubbed it on that area in hopes that it would make the blister go away. Unfortunatly, things have gotten even worse. My stomach is twisted in knots right now and i'm trying my best not to cry. Luckily I have a derm appointment in 1 week...

Sorry, I really do hate complaining but I just had to rant. It sucks when things were started to look better and then go worse.. I can not WAAAAAIT until I have good skin again, gah, you have no idea. I'm just in a really horrible mood right now where I can't stop thinking about how hideous I am and how i'll probably never be in a relationship due to my lack of confidence/self esteem. I actually have been hanging around this guy recently who I have feelings for and he MAY have feelings for me back (well, we did have a nice steamy makeout session, so who knows :P)........ but this guy has the most amazing skin you'll ever see, so i'm worried that if he finds out about how my skin actually is... he'll get grossed out and become completely unattracted to me. :doubt:

Even with acne and/or redmarks, you're still a gorgeous young woman. :)

Good on ya, hon. :thumbsup:

I agree. :)

yup!

Hey Mandy, about guys and your skin... I wouldnt worry about that =)! If you are less attractive to him because of a few red marks then its his loss and he probably aint the right guy then. Your condition is only temporary and keep in mind that it is your insides that matter most in a relationship. I am sure that wont happen to you because you are lovely inside and out!

Man, I should really follow my own advice hehe

Oh Hunny, I could just hug you right now!

I sooooo hope that your rash goes down..maybe it has something to do with the tane? Is it itchy? Or is it like....really really little bumps that are sore? Hmmm...I'm curious.

Babe, don't worry about what that guy thinks about your skin. I'm going to share my own personal story with you:

When I started dating my boyfriend about 7 months ago, I had JUST started accutane. Therefor, my skin was breaking out, would flush easily, and basically looked like crap. HOWEVER, I would always put on tonnes of makeup before each date; thinking that it would cover my blemishes and create the illusion of perfect skin. My boyfriend NEVER said a DAMN thing about my skin. NOT ONE THING. He was an angel, considering he has perfect skin and has probably had 3 blemishes in the last 7 months. Anyways, I was CONSTANTLY worrying that he would break up with me once the makeup came off and he realized that my skin was less than stellar. So you can imagine my relief when my skin started clearing up around month 5, and I stopped wearing so much makeup. HOWEVER, the other night my boyfriend and I were at a movie, and for THE FIRST TIME ever, he brought up my skin. These were his EXACT words; "Baby, your skin looks amazing. There is not ONE spot on it...I'm so happy for you."

It was at that exact moment that I realized he HAD noticed my skin before. He had seen the blemishes and redmarks underneath all that makeup, and he had had the maturity to look past it and see the person inside. I know it sounds corny...but its true. Darling, you have an amazing talent for makeup, and you are absolutely beautiful. But chances are, if you are allowing this boy to get up close and personal (aka...steamy makeout session lol) he HAS noticed your skin. So I wouldn't stress it. He obviously thinks your beautiful, inside and out. And EVERYONE on acne.org can agree with that.

Even with acne and/or redmarks, you're still a gorgeous young woman. :)

Good on ya, hon. :thumbsup:

I agree. :)

yup!

Hey Mandy, about guys and your skin... I wouldnt worry about that =)! If you are less attractive to him because of a few red marks then its his loss and he probably aint the right guy then. Your condition is only temporary and keep in mind that it is your insides that matter most in a relationship. I am sure that wont happen to you because you are lovely inside and out!

Man, I should really follow my own advice hehe

Thanks to all of you's :wub:

You're definitely coming along, kiddo. Keep on keeping-on...

Blah... i'm starting to fall back unfortunatly :cry:

Oh Hunny, I could just hug you right now!

I sooooo hope that your rash goes down..maybe it has something to do with the tane? Is it itchy? Or is it like....really really little bumps that are sore? Hmmm...I'm curious.

Babe, don't worry about what that guy thinks about your skin. I'm going to share my own personal story with you:

When I started dating my boyfriend about 7 months ago, I had JUST started accutane. Therefor, my skin was breaking out, would flush easily, and basically looked like crap. HOWEVER, I would always put on tonnes of makeup before each date; thinking that it would cover my blemishes and create the illusion of perfect skin. My boyfriend NEVER said a DAMN thing about my skin. NOT ONE THING. He was an angel, considering he has perfect skin and has probably had 3 blemishes in the last 7 months. Anyways, I was CONSTANTLY worrying that he would break up with me once the makeup came off and he realized that my skin was less than stellar. So you can imagine my relief when my skin started clearing up around month 5, and I stopped wearing so much makeup. HOWEVER, the other night my boyfriend and I were at a movie, and for THE FIRST TIME ever, he brought up my skin. These were his EXACT words; "Baby, your skin looks amazing. There is not ONE spot on it...I'm so happy for you."

It was at that exact moment that I realized he HAD noticed my skin before. He had seen the blemishes and redmarks underneath all that makeup, and he had had the maturity to look past it and see the person inside. I know it sounds corny...but its true. Darling, you have an amazing talent for makeup, and you are absolutely beautiful. But chances are, if you are allowing this boy to get up close and personal (aka...steamy makeout session lol) he HAS noticed your skin. So I wouldn't stress it. He obviously thinks your beautiful, inside and out. And EVERYONE on acne.org can agree with that.

That story gave me a lot of encouragement.. thanks! :) Actually.... I'm actually suprised the guy i'm currently crushing on wasn't completely grossed out at my skin after we made out... because he ended up rubbing a bunch of makeup off my cheek and jawline, exposing a lot of redmarks... and the worst part was, he walked me out to my car in the WORST cloudy morning lighting where I looked absolutely awful :lol:.. and he still gave me a nice kiss goodbye :shifty2: :wub: lol

-----------------------------------------------------

here's a pic of the current rash that recently started to spread. I think its completely my fault why my skin is awful right now... I had a small blister type bump that I thought by rubbing an icecube on it for a very long time would help it go away.. and then I also applied tea tree oil to that area. Now i'm dealing with 3 flat squishy blister type bumps and the redness around my upper cheek feels strangly bruised and tender...

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a78/Acdci...Picture3210.jpg

Verrrrrrrrry upsetting... I cried my eyes out earlier because of this and my stomachs been in knots all day. Like I mentioned though before, I see my derm in 6 days so hopefully she'll be able to do something for me. Maybe this is contact dermatitis I have from when I applied the tea tree oil? My skin is such a mystery, it's ridiculous.

Things are to the point now where it looks like I got punched hard on my left upper cheek. What the fuck is happening to me? There goes my social life once again. And fuck school... I was suppose to take a month long nursing class, but fuck that. My life will be spent in my house until my skin looks good again.

Things are to the point now where it looks like I got punched hard on my left upper cheek. What the fuck is happening to me? There goes my social life once again. And fuck school... I was suppose to take a month long nursing class, but fuck that. My life will be spent in my house until my skin looks good again.

I'm so sorry that things aren't going well. Maybe your new derm can shed some light on what is going on with your skin? You might want to document your recent history and problems, along with a timeline of the medications you have been on during the last 6 months or so. That might help them figure out what is going on with you - having history and a background can really help. You may also want to bring some of the earlier photos so they can see what has been going on with your skin all this time.

Hang in there Mandy!!!!