Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tom_Mason

Scarless Healing

18 hours ago, hopfullady said:

Hi, do you guys believe it’s possible for a large volume of scar tissue in a specific area let’s say the abdomen to be treated with micro coring? If the scars are separated by healthy skin? 

full of the area will be treated with microcoring if scars are separated by healthy skin … 

Thanks for the info damnBOY, have a lot of hope thanks to you. If the microcoring proves successfull finally we will have something that can remove scar tissue without creating another scar.

Also one more month till the end of preclinicals from Sunogel, lets hope it worked out for them couse honestly I do thing Sunogel might be the ONE!

1 hour ago, AlexZ77 said:

Thanks for the info damnBOY, have a lot of hope thanks to you. If the microcoring proves successfull finally we will have something that can remove scar tissue without creating another scar.

Also one more month till the end of preclinicals from Sunogel, lets hope it worked out for them couse honestly I do thing Sunogel might be the ONE!

when sunogel preclinical will end ???

and they are performing preclinical on human or swine ????

Just now, Anish004 said:

when sunogel preclinical will end ???

and they are performing preclinical on human or swine ????

It says on their website that they plan to end them by september.

we dont know if they are doing any trails on humans rn, probably not cause human trials usually start during clinicals

14 hours ago, AlexZ77 said:

I have a question, do you guys know when microcoring is coming out to market? 

They say they are looking at late 2019 but maybe that’s for anti aging purpose first as that trial is done. They have a lot of prerequisites like eg if you have had filler in the scar you need to wait two years post filler, 1 year post fat graft, so long after laser etc so read their patent it will tell you x

1 hour ago, AlexZ77 said:

Any updates on scarless healing or is this thread gonna be dead for a while?

I wouldn't expect much of anything until the results of the Cytrellis scar trial come out towards the end of the year.

18 hours ago, PTAA said:

I wouldn't expect much of anything until the results of the Cytrellis scar trial come out towards the end of the year.

Is this a human trail?

Www.clinicaltrials.gov Miami Dermatology and Laser Institute, 30 participants, completion date November 21, 2019.

Edited by Sibel

On 8/30/2019 at 2:11 AM, AlexZ77 said:

Any updates on scarless healing or is this thread gonna be dead for a while?

Cytrellis and Birchbiomed are in Human trials so I think we all waiting for results and pictures now 

Hi everyone

Avita Medical's Recell procedure for stem cell based acne scar healing has shown promise. I found this article that was presented a few months back at a conference has now been made available online:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/31451856

OBJECTIVE:

To evaluate the efficacy of ReCell® autologous cell regeneration techniques combined with dermabrasion treatment on the therapy of acne scars.

METHODS:

We analyzed retrospectively 78 patients with acne scars who presented to the Department of Plastic Surgery at Peking Union Medical College Hospital from May 2015 to May 2017; 30 patients were treated with dermabrasion (Group 1), and the other 48 patients were treated with ReCell® autologous regeneration techniques combined with dermabrasion (Group 2). Efficacy was evaluated through self-evaluation of the patient, third-party evaluation and photographs taken before and after treatment. The wound healing time and postoperative complication rate were also recorded.

RESULTS:

The study revealed a significant difference in healing time (P < 0.001) between patients treated with dermabrasion (Group 1) and patients treated with ReCell® autologous regeneration techniques combined with dermabrasion (Group 2). The average healing time of Group 1 was 12.30 ± 1.725 days, while the average healing time of Group 2 was 5.27 ± 1.086 days. In Group 2, patient self-evaluation and third-party evaluation were more satisfactory than those of Group 1 (P < 0.001). Moreover, there were no postoperative complications in Group 2 such as pigmentation and scar hyperplasia.

CONCLUSION:

The ReCell® technique is simple, minimally invasive, biocompatible and effective in the treatment of acne scars. It can shorten healing time and reduce the occurrence of postoperative complications, thereby providing a safe and effective treatment approach for patients with facial acne scars.

Unfortunately it doesn't seem to have a link to the full article but the results of Dermabrasion + ReCell sound very promising.

2 hours ago, Gits said:

Hi everyone

Avita Medical's Recell procedure for stem cell based acne scar healing has shown promise. I found this article that was presented a few months back at a conference has now been made available online:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/31451856

OBJECTIVE:

To evaluate the efficacy of ReCell® autologous cell regeneration techniques combined with dermabrasion treatment on the therapy of acne scars.

METHODS:

We analyzed retrospectively 78 patients with acne scars who presented to the Department of Plastic Surgery at Peking Union Medical College Hospital from May 2015 to May 2017; 30 patients were treated with dermabrasion (Group 1), and the other 48 patients were treated with ReCell® autologous regeneration techniques combined with dermabrasion (Group 2). Efficacy was evaluated through self-evaluation of the patient, third-party evaluation and photographs taken before and after treatment. The wound healing time and postoperative complication rate were also recorded.

RESULTS:

The study revealed a significant difference in healing time (P < 0.001) between patients treated with dermabrasion (Group 1) and patients treated with ReCell® autologous regeneration techniques combined with dermabrasion (Group 2). The average healing time of Group 1 was 12.30 ± 1.725 days, while the average healing time of Group 2 was 5.27 ± 1.086 days. In Group 2, patient self-evaluation and third-party evaluation were more satisfactory than those of Group 1 (P < 0.001). Moreover, there were no postoperative complications in Group 2 such as pigmentation and scar hyperplasia.

CONCLUSION:

The ReCell® technique is simple, minimally invasive, biocompatible and effective in the treatment of acne scars. It can shorten healing time and reduce the occurrence of postoperative complications, thereby providing a safe and effective treatment approach for patients with facial acne scars.

Unfortunately it doesn't seem to have a link to the full article but the results of Dermabrasion + ReCell sound very promising.

https://sci-hub.tw/https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007%2Fs00266-019-01481-8

48 minutes ago, PTAA said:

That's a great website and thanks for sharing the link. The full paper provided an important caveat in using Recell for acne scars:

When the full thickness of the dermis is damaged, we have to explain to the patient that ReCell treatment is not effective in this situation [24]. However, ReCell has a certain effect when the superficial dermis or epidermis is damaged [25]. For patients who meet the inclusion criteria, it is recommended to choose a combination of ReCell technology with another treatment, for a better result.

It sounds like the procedure mainly works for scars that aren't too deep.

Edited by Gits

Yeah that's a pretty significant caveat. Excision is still the only true option for full thickness scars. Everything else is just minor, percentage improvements from what I see.

are there any pics provided in study article ???

i cant open the links....can somebody post the pics here please

On 8/31/2019 at 10:29 PM, Gits said:

That's a great website and thanks for sharing the link. The full paper provided an important caveat in using Recell for acne scars:

It sounds like the procedure mainly works for scars that aren't too deep.

They mean 2nd degree burns depth of skin.

On 9/8/2019 at 2:25 PM, DinkumFridge said:

What do you think of skinte?
I think it is a good alternative for narrow and deep ice pick scars.
How about the latest polarityte?

SkinTE has not said anything or not much if their product will work with acne scars.Hey i heard a team of scientist was able to reverse aging in a mouse or something so you never know if something might come out.If i spend anymore money on acne scar treatments...i am going to wait until i see real results.

On 8/20/2019 at 7:52 AM, nikki_gargin said:

They say they are looking at late 2019 but maybe that’s for anti aging purpose first as that trial is done. They have a lot of prerequisites like eg if you have had filler in the scar you need to wait two years post filler, 1 year post fat graft, so long after laser etc so read their patent it will tell you x

Here is a patent that describes micro coring devices.  Is this the patent that you referred to?