Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
RoxyHart

Today is my last day of accutane!

Today is my last day guys, woo!

My derm calls my accutane course "the miracle course."

I suffered with SEVERE cystic acne all over my face. Since i'm a girl, I had to wait nearly a month and a half before I could go on accutane because of stupid ipledge. While I waited, my derm prescribed me differin gel to use until accutane. The differin cleared all the moderate acne........the white heads, blackheads and such but it didn't do anything for the cysts.

I started out on accutane at 40mgs and was completely clear by the second week. Yeah, you read that right. I didn't even have an IB really...........the cysts just kinda "shrunk" and went away. When I walked into my derm's office for my one month check-up he was astounded. He said he had never seen anyone clear so fast.

And the ONLY side effect i've had is dry lips. Yup, that's it. Constant peeling and flaking but that is it. No dry skin, no headaches, no moodiness, no nothing. I truly have been blessed with my experience with this drug.

I know this sounds kinda cheesy but I just wanted to say that miracles CAN happen. My derm estimated that I wouldnt be clear until the 4th month and I cleared by the 2nd week. If anyone here is doubting accutane or considering it, please keep your chin up! This drug really is amazing and can change your life for the better if you want it to.

If you want to see how my skin looks now, check out my gallery! I'm wearing a very thin layer of mineral make-up, but as you can see, I am cystic-acne free! :dance:

If you have any questions, please ask!

wow im soooo happy for u!!! congrats!! u must be so pleased. =D

just wondering... do u have any red marks leftover? or is ur skin like flawless now??

This is so encouraging =] I can't wait to start. I'm going to try to convince my derm to start me off on 40 mg.... she wants me on a super low dose to begin :dry:

wow im soooo happy for u!!! congrats!! u must be so pleased. =D

just wondering... do u have any red marks leftover? or is ur skin like flawless now??

Congratulations, I'm happy for you. :)

I just wished accutane would have worked like that for me, heh.

Oh and I had a look in your gallery at your pics, you look really pretty. :)

hi! congrats..sooo great to hear that! how do i get to your gallery? :confused: i havent figured this site out 100% yet :shifty:

hi! congrats..sooo great to hear that! how do i get to your gallery? :confused: i havent figured this site out 100% yet :shifty:

thanks!

go to my member profile page (just click on my username) and then go to the tab that says "gallery."

Congrats...

how long were you on the course? Im interested to know since you cleared so early if they kept you on the full 4-6 months?

Congrats...

how long were you on the course? Im interested to know since you cleared so early if they kept you on the full 4-6 months?

You look great, congratulations! I have a question...you said that you still have some red marks and stuff...during your course, did you ever have scars, like indented scars? I know accutane thins out your skin extrmemely and the texture can be funny. I ask this because I've noticed some scarring that I'm kind of confused about since they're in areas that didn't I didn't have cysts or anything. I just had a regular break out, and they healed and went away within a couple of weeks. I thought that scarring (indented scarring) only happens when you have cystic type of acne that stays around for a while.

I'm wondering if after I'm done with my course and my skin starts to really heal, if the texture and the scarring will go away...

congrats on your success, you look great. I've rarely had dry skin on my course and am into month 4 and use moisturizer mostly at night as a precautionary thing, did you use any moisturizer while on accutane?

You look great, congratulations! I have a question...you said that you still have some red marks and stuff...during your course, did you ever have scars, like indented scars? I know accutane thins out your skin extrmemely and the texture can be funny. I ask this because I've noticed some scarring that I'm kind of confused about since they're in areas that didn't I didn't have cysts or anything. I just had a regular break out, and they healed and went away within a couple of weeks. I thought that scarring (indented scarring) only happens when you have cystic type of acne that stays around for a while.

I'm wondering if after I'm done with my course and my skin starts to really heal, if the texture and the scarring will go away...

wow... im pretty amazed at how well you cured.

i would of thought your family and friends were amazed at the difference?...

and i have to say you look amazing.

i only have mild acne.

a few red marks and i still dont think i will cure with as much success as you did in such a short period of time.

im only on 20mg per day.

would like to up the dosage slightly.

i have quite a big event next wedensday aaaaaaaand i wont be able to drink.

BOOOOwhoooooo!!!!

Do it!!

Going on accuatane is one of the BEST things I have done in my life.

I stopped breaking out at the second week, my skin (i'm on month 3 so far) hasnt gotten very dry at all, my lips are only a little dry..................it's been the easiest thing ever other than having to go to the derm monthly and deal with the whole ipledge/pregnancy test stuff.

Today is my last day guys, woo!

My derm calls my accutane course "the miracle course."

I suffered with SEVERE cystic acne all over my face. Since i'm a girl, I had to wait nearly a month and a half before I could go on accutane because of stupid ipledge. While I waited, my derm prescribed me differin gel to use until accutane. The differin cleared all the moderate acne........the white heads, blackheads and such but it didn't do anything for the cysts.

I started out on accutane at 40mgs and was completely clear by the second week. Yeah, you read that right. I didn't even have an IB really...........the cysts just kinda "shrunk" and went away. When I walked into my derm's office for my one month check-up he was astounded. He said he had never seen anyone clear so fast.

And the ONLY side effect i've had is dry lips. Yup, that's it. Constant peeling and flaking but that is it. No dry skin, no headaches, no moodiness, no nothing. I truly have been blessed with my experience with this drug.

I know this sounds kinda cheesy but I just wanted to say that miracles CAN happen. My derm estimated that I wouldnt be clear until the 4th month and I cleared by the 2nd week. If anyone here is doubting accutane or considering it, please keep your chin up! This drug really is amazing and can change your life for the better if you want it to.

If you want to see how my skin looks now, check out my gallery! I'm wearing a very thin layer of mineral make-up, but as you can see, I am cystic-acne free! :dance:

If you have any questions, please ask!