Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sadgeorgy

Anyone (male) wear makeup to cover their blackheads?

Anyone, males in particular, resort to wearing makeup on their nose to cover up their blackheads? About 4 years ago my blackheads suddenly went completely out of control, and out of desparation, I decided to try a concealer on my nose. I've been doing it ever since. The one I use is CoverBlend, and in general it works well. Most people don't seem to realize I wear makeup, since the color matches pretty closely to my skin color, and lets face it, people don't expect to be looking for makeup on a male's face. For the ones that do notice, no one has actually come out and said it to me, so I'm fine with being the pink elephant in the room to those people.

I don't advocate this, it creates a dependancy if nothing else. But for me it's either this or hell, so I did it.

Only time I've worn cover up on my nose was to conceal redness; I've never done so for blackheads. I personally gack at the thought of having tons of make up on my nose because I have an oily t-zone, so you can guess what my nose looks like by midday. Probably the only cover up I'd abide to for my nose is compact foundation, but I really don't have it anymore (I jacked it from my mom when she was out of town).

Only time I've worn cover up on my nose was to conceal redness; I've never done so for blackheads. I personally gack at the thought of having tons of make up on my nose because I have an oily t-zone, so you can guess what my nose looks like by midday. Probably the only cover up I'd abide to for my nose is compact foundation, but I really don't have it anymore (I jacked it from my mom when she was out of town).

I use a concealer, but only on red/inflamed blemishes. I use it for aesthetic purposes and to assist healing; it dries out spots, so I also use it at night.

I do occasionally apply some to my nose, but only because it seems to dull the shininess.