Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
POL

What fruits are good for skin????

I'm planning to eat healthy.... stop eating fast food and start having good nutrition... A lot of my friends who eat lots of fruits and vegies have good clear skin. :-k

Im not fond of fruits and vegetables really, but if it will clear my skin then so be it!!! biggrin.gif/ But are all fruits necessarily good??? What are good and what are bad based on your experiences??? Please help me out... 8-[ Don't want to start eating the wrong things!!

Just a thought.... :-k A friend told me maybe bananas are good! After all. monkeys dont get any pimples!!!! biggrin.gif

If your prone to acne then changing ur diet to try and clear it is a waste of time.

Sure,eating a healthy diet is good and will benefit the condition of your skin,but thinking it will clear your acne........forget about it.

Some people get acne,others dont...thats the way is it and unfortunately,you have acne.

Changing your diet will make a huge difference to your skin. Pretty much all fruits are great...except melon, apparently.

It will improve the appearance of the actual skin,but it wont cure acne....thats the point he means and what hes trying to achieve.

Circle you have no clue what you are talking about.

All fruits and vegetables are good for you, unless you have an extremely specific allergy to one of them. Don't worry, you will know if that is the case. All are good.

justaguy:-

Are you about to fucking read at all ??

Where the fuck did I say that fruits arent good for you??

I said fruits will improve the appearance of the skin but wont cure ACNE!

So by saying they will improve the appearance,would that mean they are good for you?? Duhhh!

Read the god damn post and let it sink in before you post a stupid comment like you did.

I changed my diet to cure my acne, and it didn't. I dont know about overal complexion better, because my main concern is my acne, and it didnt change a bit.

First of all, congrats on resolving to change your diet to improve your skin! I've tried hard and I'll usually stick to it, but after a while I don't care anymore. There is one thing I steer clear of though, and that is potatoes, when I eat some the next day I wake up to a couple of pimples. It's the only thing I've noticed breaks me out.

I once read about a study that stated that starchy foods may worsen or not be beneficial to skin, they saw how a tribe somewhere (I think it was Papua New Guinea) where they didn't have food based on carbohydrates at all, they lived on foods full of protein and fruits and they were perfectly clear skinned. Anyways, I'd say all fruits are good for your skin, the only reason why melon sometimes has a "bad" reputation (and bananas) is because they have more fructose (fruit sugars) than most, but they're full of vitamins and fiber.

Good luck!