Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
tiger88

putting my face in hot hot water ....really working nice

ok i have had cystic acne. went on accutane got clear and year later back at the acne game....doc gives me retin A......

ok ok

'

here is what i like to do to open pours up really nice.......fill the sink with hot water (NOT SUPER HOT, BUT AS HOT AS YOU CAN STAND IT) and then submerge my head in it for 15 seconds severel times MAYBE 8 TIMES ..........this is so much better then a hot wash cloth doesnt even compare....

and NOW I NEVER POP MY ZITS...just let them go away on my own

just saying try this and u may really like it

remember DONT USE TOO HOT OF WATER

I wouldnt recommend using real hot water.. it dries out your face too much mang.. I would submerge my face in some lukewarm water.. But the idea of not touching your zits is a great idea.. thats what I do.. and they go away like that.

I always take really hot showers thinking it will help my skin. Should I not be doing this? My average shower is very hot and around 15-20 minutes. Thought it would help open pores but perhaps its too irritating?

Do that and then put the water on very cold and just stick you re head under the faucet.

Its good to open them and then close them I think.

ok i have had cystic acne. went on accutane got clear and year later back at the acne game....doc gives me retin A......

ok ok

'

here is what i like to do to open pours up really nice.......fill the sink with hot water (NOT SUPER HOT, BUT AS HOT AS YOU CAN STAND IT) and then submerge my head in it for 15 seconds severel times MAYBE 8 TIMES ..........this is so much better then a hot wash cloth doesnt even compare....

and NOW I NEVER POP MY ZITS...just let them go away on my own 

just saying try this and u may really like it 

remember DONT USE TOO HOT OF WATER

So how long does it take for zits to go if you don't pop them? I always pop them, and think I have all the pus out but they come back again 1 or 2 days later. I might try not touching any zits for a week and see how it works.

And for the record, hot water does make your skin incredibly dry, but if you use a moisturiser its ok. I used to plunge my face in hot water for about a minute, then rinsing it under cold. I've started just splashing warm water onto my face then rinsing under the cold, and it weems to be working better.