Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Info-blizzard

Fraxel - improvement after one treatment?

I realise it's quite unlikely (as I believe - from what I've read anyway - three to five treatments are necessary to gauge possitive results) but is it possible to get some results, whether it be for scars or for just healthier looking skin overall, after simply one treatment? - in the long-term that is, after swelling/micro-swelling etc completely subsides. If not, what about after two?

Please elaborate - I pose the question as many of you are quite knowledgeable with this topic :D

Also, can someone please elaborate more about the time it takes to see any improvement (I recall reading 6 months after final treatment) and whether this is a gradual thing - ie, improves over time.

For your information, I haven't had Fraxel, but I am contemplating it.

I had one treatment, two weeks ago - I too was hoping that one treatment would make atleast a significant impact--- I don't have terrible scarring. My advice- save your money. I hardly noticed a difference. It wasn't worth the swelling- not to mention I got a heat rash that took two weeks to get rid of. Talk to your dermatologist about other options. This laser treatment wasn't even developed for acne scars.

I had one treatment, two weeks ago - I too was hoping that one treatment would make atleast a significant impact--- I don't have terrible scarring. My advice- save your money. I hardly noticed a difference. It wasn't worth the swelling- not to mention I got a heat rash that took two weeks to get rid of. Talk to your dermatologist about other options. This laser treatment wasn't even developed for acne scars.

But everyone is telling me to get Fraxel for my scarring? Mabye you need more than one?

ahhhhhhhhhhh

But everyone is telling me to get Fraxel for my scarring? Mabye you need more than one?

ahhhhhhhhhhh

It's almost been two weeks since my first treatment - at this stage, I'd say my scars look worse :confused: However, while naturally discouraged, I won't give up. The general consensus here (and what the doctors tell you) is that one or two treatments won't be enough to provide conclusive results.