Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
hello812

will wind or sun, and heat cause acnes? or making acnes go worse

Prolonged sun exposure can make acne worse, which is why you should always protect your skin with a good sunscreen. Check the "biggest mistakes people make to treat acne" thread at the top of the page for good sunscreen reccomendations.

what about wind? i got a Standing Fan next to me and it pointing towards my right face...

As a result i got more acnes on my right face. Will wind really cause acnes?

yes it does make acne worse. Notice people have breakouts more during summer then the other times of the year. That is because of the humidity and heat that promotes the growth of bacteria. That's why people living in the tropics have it much worse.

yes it does make acne worse. Notice people have breakouts more during summer then the other times of the year. That is because of the humidity and heat that promotes the growth of bacteria. That's why people living in the tropics have it much worse.

I don't think this is true. I have always heard that acne is much worse in the winter because of the dry air and lack of humidity. For most people the acne is not caused by an overgrowth of bacteria, but something with the oil production. I think that lots of humidity can make acne worse, but I don't think that most people's acne gets worse in the summer, I think for most people it gets better.

Wind and sun don't cause acne, but if you already have acne it might be possible that they will make it worse.