Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
domain

am i going to scar? (pics)

im not sure if all those red spots are just red marks.. but i feel puss under it.. my acne has been the same tho for the last 2-3 months other than the occasional pimple.. also if u rate how bad my acne is id appreciate it

Pic#1

Pic#2

i think you will scar but not to worry i dont think you will scar that much from that.. doesnt look that bad

..it could scar thats for sure, so be careful with picking it.. are you on any meds or regimen? on rating your skin, i want to say that it doesnt look bad but i know that you know how you really feel right? it looks bad.. why? not because you have 10 zits on your face but because you do have zits on your face.. do something about it while it still early.. or if you are on something already then goodluck and i hope it works for you..

looks like those are already scars that are still red. Let the red fade or use concealer and they will look a lot better. RUn to the doctor and ask for accutane right away if u are not on it currently.

right now im on BP and using ACV.. i dont use BP on my red marks cuz i hear it ll make it last longer.. i have still been gettin acne but nothing to worry about and ACV seems to be making the process much faster...

its been about a month and my redmarks are the same... i would say there are very little indents when i look in mulitiple different angles but nothing that noticeable.. but today in the shower i ran my finger over my redmarks and i felt no indentation watsoever which is weird cuz it looks indented.. so are these scars?

Hi,

Im deifnatly not an expert on saying wether you'll have scarring, cause i didnt realise i had scars myself until the acne cleared up suffiently. The unfortunate thing with scars is that if uve got em uve got em, dont kill me for sayin that :)

So , my suggestion in concentrate on clearing up ur acne, and while ur doing that research and talk to as many people as possible. Make appointments with dermatoligists, cosmetic surgeons who do things like dermarollers and fraxel lasers (not necessarily the surgeons who use scalpels and botox.

In terms of feeling ur scars its near impossible from wat i can imagine. If ur scars were raised ud be obviously be able to feel them. The best way to judge wether u have scars is to either stand outside with the bright sun behind u with a mirror looking at ur face, or get a torch or some kind of bright light (e.g flash on a mobile camera phone) stand in front of a mirror and place the light against ur skin in the areas u think u may have scarring. Move it around ur face and experiment with holding it different ways and places.

With the comment "its been about a month and my redmarks are the same". From wat ive been told by the doctors whove helped me is that these red spots will take around a year to go away by themselves. There are treatments which ive had to get rid of red spots, however i wont go into that cause ill feel as though im advertising. As always feel free to email me or ask on this forum.