Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

So today is Day 5 on Accutane and to be honest I haven't had IB, in fact my skin looks the exact same as it did when I started. I have been using Retin-A cream every night still to prevent IB and will be cutting down/quitting when my skin starts to dry out. Also I have been drinking water like crazy (10+ glasses a day) to help prevent drying out and cracked lips- I have no idea if that really helps but I thought I'd give it a shot.

Why I decided to go on Accutane

I've had acne off and on since I was 13 and have tried every medication possible. Antibiotics helped while in high school and my skin was flawless however I stopped taking them and two years later my skin was disgusting once again. So I tried going back on all sorts of antibiotics but nothing worked. I've tried topical creams and still no results. Finally in January I was given Retin-A and that has helped but I still break out and wanted something to get rid of my acne. So I did some research and found Accutane..... four months later I was put on it and now am waiting to see what it's going to do. My acne before high school was just disgusting, my face was covered with red bumps and white heads. After I got off the antibiotics my ance wasn't as bad but still I was having some bumps and about four big white heads on my face at all times. The past four months being on Retin-A has helped, I now usually have one big red bump and two massive whiteheads along with smaller bumps. I guess it wouldn't be so bad but I'm almost 23 and feel that I shouldn't have any acne especially with my job. My picture is taken all the time and I feel very uncomfotable having acne while everyone else has flawless skin =/

Day 6 Last night my lips were a little chapped but I'm going to assume it's from using a really cheap lipgloss at work that has always made my lips chapped. I put Vicks on my lips before bed and they're fine now. Nothing else new to report, just praying I don't get an IB and really can't wait for my course to be up.... I want clear skin now!

Day 7

This morning my skin wasn't as oily as it usually is so I was happy about that. I'm still using a good amount of Retin-A cream at night to keep my skin under control. I know I should probably just spot treat but I'm afraid of getting a nasty break out. I've been drinking a ton of water so I haven't experienced any dryness or chapped lips yet.

hey sweet...goodluck on your course!...im day 16 or so...no IB as of yet...only thing happenin is the dry lips...i'll check in on your progess

Day 8

Two horrible red spots are now on my chin and I have two along my jawline...gross. I'm hoping it's part of my hormonal breakout instead of the dreaded IB, but I guess I'll have to wait and see. My skin isn't as oily as usual which is a huge plus and I haven't had any real dryness yet. I've been eating like a pig for the past two days, it's disgusting....again I'm blaming hormones. I've started to step up my workout and am hoping that I won't be hurting but whatever.

Day 9

Today I woke up with slightly chapped lips and a couple of those horrible red spots are going away. I've been hoping that the Accutane will kick in quickly and clear up my skin in the next 10 days... I know it's not going to happen but I'm bummed out that I'm going to miss out on yet another opportunity because of bad skin.

Day 9 Update

My lips are peeling, it doesn't hurt but it's really annoying to say the least. My picture is going to be in a Japanese magazine and I know I should be a little excited about it but right now I'm not.... I want clear skin so I can do the swimsuit shoot......ughhhhhhhh when is this stuff supposed to start working??

Day 10

I woke up to less oily skin and less red marks!! This sounds stupid but I swear over night my skin got better. Sadly I have new red bump on my forehead that hurts but hopefully with a little Retin-A tonight it'll be gone. Last night my lips were peeling and were pretty gross so I used Vicks and they feel a ton better today. My goal for today is to drink more water.

Day 10 Update

After work I noticed my face didn't look that oily although it felt kinda gross. Also, I was impressed that my make up stayed on all day without needing to be touched up. Love it!!

Day 11

My skin looks great, as of right now I don't have any pimples, just the ugly red marks they leave... but even those seem to be fading rather quickly. Usually the red marks stick around for a month or so but it looks like they'll be gone in a couple days! If my skin keeps getting better by my two week mark I won't need foundation anymore!!.... I can only hope. I'm crossing my fingers and hoping that my skin stays this clear the entire course.... that would just be awesome....I know it probably won't happen though. Anyway today is a wonderful day so far!

Day 11 Update

My skin was a little oily today but it was probably from running around at work. I have a massive red bump on my jawline that hurts. So much for my clear skin :angry:

Day 12

My skin is looking great! No new spots and the red marks are fading. The overall texture of my face is a lot smoother. I'm still using Retin-A at night and that hasn't caused any issues. Two more days til a picture update

Well I missed Day 13 on Saturday because I was drunk. I remember I had fun but then I blacked out and have no idea what happened. I woke up on my friends floor in my own vomit so that was pretty nasty.

I don't know if missing a pill made me have a couple "friends" pop up or if it was because I was sleeping in make up or because I was drinking and drinking always makes me skin turn to shit. Anyway I have a couple small ones by my mouth and a massive one on my left cheek. I'm hoping that they'll be gone by tomorrow so I can take a picture... but we'll see

Day 13 Update

I couldn't take it anymore, I had to pick at my two pimples and now they're really gross and scabbed. So I was looking at my nose which never really bothered me before but now ewww I have all these blackheads....actually I had them before but they weren't like popping out. If it wasn't for those two stupid scabs my face wouldn't be looking so bad....ughhhhhh. Ok so time to see if the pore strips will help out my nose....

Day 14

So I've taken two weeks worth of pills and really have started to see a difference. My skin isn't as oily and after I wash my face I have to put on lotion otherwise it hurts...which isn't a big deal. The red marks I've had on my face forever are fading away quicker than usual. Overall my face feels smoother and I can see that in some places my skin tone is starting to even out. I posted a picture in my album without any make up on...it's kinda scary so beware.... anyway my face is clear minus a few red marks! I LOVE ACCUTANE

Day 14

So I've taken two weeks worth of pills and really have started to see a difference. My skin isn't as oily and after I wash my face I have to put on lotion otherwise it hurts...which isn't a big deal. The red marks I've had on my face forever are fading away quicker than usual. Overall my face feels smoother and I can see that in some places my skin tone is starting to even out. I posted a picture in my album without any make up on...it's kinda scary so beware.... anyway my face is clear minus a few red marks! I LOVE ACCUTANE

Day 15

I don't have new pimples but I've noticed that my pores appear to be getting bigger.... I could be mistaken and need to stop looking in the mirror..... but I swear that's what it looks like. I went out last night for the first time in forever without any foundation on!! My forehead was flaking a little today but I didn't put on any lotion so that could have caused it. Anyway I'm having nasty chapped lips whenever I don't use Vicks at night. So I'm going to do my best to remember to put it on and start using chapstick.

During my next appointment I'm going to be asking about drinking and if it's safe. I'm not a big drinker but I do enjoy drinking and once in a while I do end up getting wasted. Anyone know if it's ok to drink?? Hmmmm.......

I'm not a dermatologist, but I *am* a medical student - and I would say, for safety's sake, don't go near booze while you're on isotretinoin. I expect the dose that you're taking will determine how dangerous it is, but I've heard of patients going into acute liver failure while trying to drink their way through the pain... could be garbage, but I wouldn't like to risk it!

I'd say you should lay-off.

I'm not a dermatologist, but I *am* a medical student - and I would say, for safety's sake, don't go near booze while you're on isotretinoin. I expect the dose that you're taking will determine how dangerous it is, but I've heard of patients going into acute liver failure while trying to drink their way through the pain... could be garbage, but I wouldn't like to risk it!

I'd say you should lay-off.

hey sweet...about the alcohol...im on day 26 taking on 40mg a day and i've done my share of drinking and t hasn't affected me at all...also, my derm never mentioned anything about alcohol when i started accutane...but it all depends on the person i guess...some people can handle it, some cant

hey sweet...about the alcohol...im on day 26 taking on 40mg a day and i've done my share of drinking and t hasn't affected me at all...also, my derm never mentioned anything about alcohol when i started accutane...but it all depends on the person i guess...some people can handle it, some cant

Oh, too true! It's gonna suck, doing without booze for the whole of the summer... but it can't possibly suck as bad as my skin!