Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
-lxl-

potential dependency?

ive been wonderin about this for awhile...

does BP effect your skin in any way that could disturb or delay the time when you grow out of acne or something like that?

im planning on doing regimen with 2.5% BP until i grow out of acne, but i dont want to use BP if i have to use it for rest of my life....

no, it just kills the bacteria that leads to acne as far as i know.

I think Dan should try to stop the regimen on him if his acne is finished, he's over 30, just for an experience.

Sometimes I think BP gave me oily skin.... after I stopped using BP after applying it everyday twice a day for 7 months, my skin got REALLY OILY... it wasnt oily before I went on the regimen.... I wonder what this means.

Sometimes I think BP gave me oily skin.... after I stopped using BP after applying it everyday twice a day for 7 months, my skin got REALLY OILY... it wasnt oily before I went on the regimen.... I wonder what this means.

Actually, if you look at Nick d uk's thread about his going off the regimen, that is one of the things that he also noticed. I don't think this is really a dependency on BP, it's just that after you go off BP your skin will still be trying to make up for the dryness you had from BP by producing more oil. I feel like this shouldn't really prevent you from growing out of it, though, but when going off BP, it's important to keep in mind that it will make your skin oilier. tdot, has your oil gone away since going off BP or has your skin become permanently oily? I feel like it would go away when your skin reverts back to normal, but I don't know.

hey everyone, i've read through the posts and i'm started to feel rather paranoid... the regimen sounds extremely effective but over time, does our skin grow accustomed and develop a dependency on it??

and does everyone 'grow out' of acne in due time (aaaahhhhhhh, i really really hope so)?

there are plenty of people who used BP, got clear, and never used it again, so i highly doubt theres anything to worry about.

Hi everyone. I recently stopped applying bp after using the medication and following DKR for almost 3 years! I owe so much to the regimen, the last 3 years would have been unbearable had I not had such a great regimen to help keep my acne at bay. Now I believe I have finally out grown my acne...I have been able to steadily reduce the amount of bp applied to my face over the last year. From applying just in the evening, to every other evening etc. and now I havent applied BP in over two weeks and am still clear...Maybe weaning your way off the medication gradually prevents your skin from over reacting with excess oil and such. Oh, and when i say I've outgrown my acne, this may not be entirely true...I have actually been taking various suppliments over the last 3 to 4 months which i cant help but feel has contributed to my clear skin! If anyone would like to know more about the suppliments PM me :)

The problem is that there aren't studies in the way that Dan recommends to use it. Derms usually say "just put it at night", then you wash your face in the morning and everything is okay.

I'm going to give a try to see what happens doing it as my Derm says.

The problem is that there aren't studies in the way that Dan recommends to use it. Derms usually say "just put it at night", then you wash your face in the morning and everything is okay.

Guest WhiteWater

It simply means your skin isn't clogging that oil anymore. It is free to reach surface far easier since BP has stripped top clogging layers of skin off.

It simply means your skin isn't clogging that oil anymore. It is free to reach surface far easier since BP has stripped top clogging layers of skin off.

That's what I do