Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Well ive been trying to control my acne for about a year with various diets to prove to myself that i didnt need accutane. but about 4 months ago i decided to start pursuing accutane as it may be the only option for me. After the first derm almost talked me out of it for a while i realized i needed a second opinion and ive found a derm that would give me accutane.

I thought it was a no brainer because im 27, ive had it for ten years and its not going away. its destroyed my life, ruined my relationships and topicals only keep me a little clearer and thats just not enough.And all my friends who have taken it have all gone on to live good productive lives will i have sat here and slowly deteriorated from persistant moderate/severe acne.

I guess the point is if your derm wont let you get accutane and you know its for you go see another derm and tell him what he needs to hear so that he puts you on it. Otherwise they will just keep selling you bullshit. The first derm said my acne was not even that bad as if i had no right to feel this way, but the fact is that i do feel this way and nobody is a better expert on your own emotions then you are, no one can tell you what you feel is not valid or not true they are not you.

Glad to hear that you'll be going on accutane dude! Can't wait to read your accutane log - good luck. Hopefully i'll be able to get on accutane too in a couple of months :).

good luck. ive been trying to control my acne the holistic way with diet and supplements but i think i am really gonna go for the accutane and end this crap once and for all. im just praying that for a cancellation next week at the derm's so i can get in there pronto... my derm (only been to her once) said i didnt need it last time i went.. but this time.. im demanding it for her and not leaving her office without a perscription.

good luck again.. hope it works out for u.

Congrats :boogie: I was really stoked when my derm said she would prescribe Accutane for me (first visit to her office). I know exactly what you mean about finding the right one. I was shuffled in and out of apathetic Dermatologist offices for 15 years.

It can be challenging to get Accutane even if you really need it, so I'm glad you were able to :D

Congrats :boogie: I was really stoked when my derm said she would prescribe Accutane for me (first visit to her office). I know exactly what you mean about finding the right one. I was shuffled in and out of apathetic Dermatologist offices for 15 years.

It can be challenging to get Accutane even if you really need it, so I'm glad you were able to :D

my last derm actually blew up at me when i asked for accutane, talk about propaganda!!

That guy made more depressed then anyone ive ever met. the politics of the derms office and of life can be disheartening at times.

Its great to know there are good people out there that really want to help, and not just help themselves, it can be the luck of the draw most times.