Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
darling_

does bcp/spiro help with closed comedones?

yeah, i'm finally going on orthotricyclen + spiro conjuction when my next period comes around, which should be in about a week or so. i really want much clearer skin before the end of june when i go off on vacation :]

but i feel like most of my acne is closed comedones - you know, those colorless raised bumps. i have a LOT on my chin, forehead, and cheeks =/ they don't look terrible but yeah... i also have a few inflamed zits and a lot of redmarks from previous acne that are still here after like months because i have very pale skin...

so does it help with closed comedones? aren't those caused by oil? and in turn, spiro decreases oil so = no more comedones? or do i need to use a topic as well? my skin hates taz, retin-a, and BHAs...

EDIT! and one more question. i'm REALLY scared of the weight gain involved because i'm actually dieting and trying to lose weight at the moment... meh =/ but my derm said i shouldn't see any weight gain because i'm a relatively active 18-year-old? does taking spiro countereffect the weight gain of the BCP because spiro is supposed to cause weight loss?