Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
photofinnish

Bacne at the age of 10,accutane helpful?

I'm twelve now, I was wondering if accutane is ok for me to use. I don't know what else to do.

I've had bacne for two years. I'm currently using Head & Shoulders and drinking Lime Juice, which helped my face.

It's weird because I don't have any acne on my cheeks just my forehead and and occsionally on my nose or chin or something. But apart from acne on my back I'm starting to get it on my chest, shoulders and the back of my neck.

Yeah that's my sob story :boohoo:

HELP!!!

How severe exactly is your bacne? Could it really be classed as proper acne?

Maybe you overwash your back or have started premature over-stringent anti-acne methods which are aggravating your back.

Try only taking a shower once every two days and don't use any soap on your back. Give it a go for atleast a week.

At your age you shouldn't really be getting proper acne.

Good luck :)

How severe exactly is your bacne? Could it really be classed as proper acne?

Maybe you overwash your back or have started premature over-stringent anti-acne methods which are aggravating your back.

Try only taking a shower once every two days and don't use any soap on your back. Give it a go for atleast a week.

At your age you shouldn't really be getting proper acne.

Good luck :)

Listener - Kids are maturing a lot faster these days, probably because of the the growth hormones that are in all the meat products. Saying that a 12 year old shouldn't be having acne is nonsense.

Evan - When I first starting getting bacne, I wasn't used to washing my back and chest. Keep using the H&S and just make sure you make a good lather every time. You have other options besides Accutane, like oral antibiotics. There are different kinds and some will work better for you than others, but they are something you should try before you consider something as strong as Accutane.

Honestly I wouldnt use Accutane unless you've tried EVERYTHING elseand nothing has worked. Accutane has some really bad side effects if you research it.

My friend took it for his back. I dont know how bad it was but in 2 months it did work and his back cleared up but for some reason his doctor doubled his dose. After that, he started getting really bad back pains. He thought he pulled a muscle or something cause he does sports at the same time. the back aches got so bad he could barely lay down sometimes. into the 4th months he got herpes on his hand from sports. So he's pretty pissed off about taking Accutane.

Accutane makes supresses your immune system so much and makes you more susceptible to getting herpes. It also has other side effects to. SO think really hard before you do.

I had back acne really bad but I just waited it out... now dealing with scars but atleast i dont have lasting effects from Accutane.

i wouldn't worry too much about getting herpes from accutane, i haven't heard that one before.

I didnt say it made you get herpes. Accutane makes you more susceptible to infections of all kinds cause it does supress you immune system. Some people are okay, others get really sick and catch stuff easily.

Like i said it shouldnt be used unless everything else has been tried.

Listener - Kids are maturing a lot faster these days, probably because of the the growth hormones that are in all the meat products. Saying that a 12 year old shouldn't be having acne is nonsense.

Evan - When I first starting getting bacne, I wasn't used to washing my back and chest. Keep using the H&S and just make sure you make a good lather every time. You have other options besides Accutane, like oral antibiotics. There are different kinds and some will work better for you than others, but they are something you should try before you consider something as strong as Accutane.

Thanks for the help, guys, this was my first post btw, i wasn't really sure about this site cuz of all the bull you hear on the internet, it could've been biased or w/e.

I actually use H&S a little diffrently;

in the morning i just use it as soap for wherever my acne is(except my face)

and then before i go to bed i put it on again, and leave it on overnight

i had gotten rashes from it but my skin is drier and the acne is drying up.

oh yeah and i use the 2 in one ocean lift h&s,

cuz that's what i use for my hair and i was too lazy to go out and buy classic clean.

As young as you are, I would be surprised if a derm put you on Accutane without first trying a plethora of other things.

I'm glad your mom has made you an appointment, good luck!

I just came back from my docter, she said that the skin on my back is really thick and my skin might be the thing blocking my pores.

So, she told me to use a loofah on my back when taking a shower. and after she presribed me to this cream. I haven't got it yet i have to go pick it up later, all it is is an antibiotic,she said.

I don't know i'm seeing her again is 4 weeks.

also right now the skin on my shoulders and upper back/neck is extreamly dry and flaky, it's litterally peeling off, because of the h7s i used for about 4 days, i've stopped using it though.

Also i'm noticing scarring on my back.

Any comments about my prescription?