Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I've been using Benzaclin for a little over a month, and while I am a little more clear than when I used Dan's regimen, the results aren't as good as I had expected. (I used Benzamycin in high school with great results until I started to get resistant to it, and I was hoping that Benzaclin would give me the same results.) I'm still getting active breakouts and they leave scars that take forever to go away. Do you think adding Differin to my regimen would help? I'd appreciate comments from anybody who has used a Benzaclin/Differin regimen, or from people who have used only Differin. Please let me know if you were satisfied and how long you used it until you saw a difference.

Is benzaclin a pill or a topical? If it's a topical, I'd be wary of using 2 acne meds on your face at once. If it's not, I don't see the problem. Differin brings all of the bad stuff to the surface at first...it can take up to 2 months for it to work. I used it, and it worked for a little while, but then I had to get something stronger. I wouldn't say DONT use it...but know it's not one of the strongest out there:). I guess it just depends on the severity of your acne. Different strokes for different folks!

I believe benzaclin is a topical. Leah_felice hit it right on the mark. You don't necessarily need another topical you need a pill. Go ask your doc/derm to put you on some sort of antibiotics to prevent breakouts.

Both active products in benzaclin are geared towards fighting bacteria. Differin normalizes the shedding of your skin and helps prevent new acne. I read a derm. article a while back saying that retinoids like differin, retin-a should be included in every acne regimen. Differin is mild on the skin and less irritating than retin-a micro. I'm using it right now, but only ~8 weeks so I don't want to comment until I'm the full 3 months in.

Right now I use a BP wash (5%) in the morning, differin at night and am undergoing a series of smoothbeam treatments (only had 1 so far).