Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
lox45

So I started using Lac-Hydrin Five on my LIPS...

Apparently since AHAs are the miracle drug for skin, I decided to use some Lac-Hydrin Five (which has lactic acid) on my lips. At first it stung something AWFUL, but I managed to get it all absorbed and voila... my lips became softer, redder and "fuller". I highly recommend, and it beats greasy lip balm. My lips feel naturally hydrated.

hmm im not so crazy about putting chemicals on my lips...

vaseline gel seemed to do the trick for my chapped lips during the winter time

The thing is, though - lips typically need exfoliation too. Beauty mags always talk about lightly rubbing them with a toothbrush to remove dead skin and to increase circulation. So like with skin, it becomes an issue of chemical vs. physical exfoliation. You just need to be much gentler than you would with skin. Besides, LHF contains a very mild AHA at a very low concentration. I think it's safe as long as you don't go crazy and start doing it twice a day or something. :)

I just rub my lips with salt and vaseline and then follow after cleaning them with a thin layer of jojoba oil then my favourite lip balm which happens to be aquaphor right now but after the jojoba you can use anything that seals in the moisture. salt is a better mild exfoliant (you could even remove the salt with your toothbrush) than any chemicals esp for the lips.