Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
emmabrown

would you tell someone if they were blushing?

ok well ive always been self concious, ever since i first started having problems with my skin, i get nervous easily, and im pretty shy, and i get anxious a lot. i also have an avoident personality. i never even go into the staffroom at work, because im too scared to, i avoid many situations, i even hate staff meetings, which is ridiculous.

but yeah, anyways. so im even worse around people i like, and i like this girl, well she doesnt know, and i find it hard to talk to her, and i was yesterday, and then after she left, the girl who was working with me turns and says 'your blushing, your face is red'....and i was kind of caught off gaurd so i just said, something along the lines of, really, i feel fine, it is a little hot in here though....but i couldnt stop thinking about it all day, one because its the first time i can remember someone mentioning it, it just felt uncomfortable, where can the conversation really go from there. i also had hoped it wasnt as obvious, but when i see people and they are, i never ever say anything, i normally change subjects to keep them comfortable..so i was kind of upset that she said something. also a bit worried since she said 'your blushing' right after the girl who i have a crush on had left, so i felt like, is she saying she realises??..

anyways, i was really upset about it, and now i feel like shit, is there anything i can do to control it?

In the past I was a blusher, it went away with acne when I was about 17 but when the acne came back at 19, and I started to become self concious - I would blush from time to time.

However, since I have started Accutane its quite serious. I'd rather blush than have acne any day, but many people have said to me. My mother has said, your face is redder than usual, my aunti told me when I was on the phone one day - 'I thought you looked very red the other day' and a guy I used to work with dropped by one day, my 2 big dogs ran over to the door when he came in, I was a bit embarrassed by the dogs annoying him then he says - Your very red, are you ok ?

I always just say I've a bit of sunburn ! LOL - It doesnt bother me that much, as I said, I'd rather blush for 3 or 4 minutes than deal with the acne I had, all clear now by the way !

i used to blush all the time, over nothing. if a teacher called on me in class, i would blush and people would tell me every time. i don't know why i would blush. i wasn't goofing off or unsure of the answer; i would just blush anytime there was attention on me. after a while, i just grew out of it.

also, chances are you're thinking about it a lot more than she is. i know when i do things that are embarrassing, they seem to play over and over in my head. then, if i mention something about it to someone who was there, they have no idea what i'm talking about.

if you try to blush, you can't. so next time you think you're blushing, try to make yourself blush.

i used to blush all the time, over nothing. if a teacher called on me in class, i would blush and people would tell me every time. i don't know why i would blush. i wasn't goofing off or unsure of the answer; i would just blush anytime there was attention on me. after a while, i just grew out of it.

also, chances are you're thinking about it a lot more than she is. i know when i do things that are embarrassing, they seem to play over and over in my head. then, if i mention something about it to someone who was there, they have no idea what i'm talking about.

if you try to blush, you can't. so next time you think you're blushing, try to make yourself blush.

Guest The Effendi

Oh, I blush all the time, I'm not really embarrassed, just whenever

there's attention on me. I think it's definitely acne, it just makes

you more self-concious. I was reading about skin that easily flushes,

or is red, and this website said wash your face with cooler water,

don't drink really hot things, and avoid spicy food. It REALLY helps,

also whenever I drink anything I put ice in it...............anyway,

that's my two cents ;)

I used to blush when I was feeling shy. Acting in acting classes (for fun!) stopped that. Now I only blush when I'm angry. ooops.

I wouldn't say anything. I don't like to point it out when I can tell that someone is embarrassed, but then being shy I am more sensitive to that.

If you're blushing around a girl you like, then most girls would find that sweet & charming. Better than a guy who is cocky & egotistical.

I've always been a blusher. And people have never failed to alert me when it happens.

The slightest thing turns me pink. I wear my emotions so obviously, and maybe it's just the crowd I hang out with, but I always get ribbed for blushing. Which, of course, makes me blush more.

I guess I never thought twice about it. I'm sorry that someone embarrassed you. Now I'm starting to wonder if people were out of line for teasing me about my blushing tendencies. o.o

OMG!!! I know how you all feel, I blush ALL the time... it's weird. I am dating this guy from work and we've been dating for months! And I dont blush when I see him outside of work, but when I see him at work I blush!! For some WEIRD ASS REASON!! I HATE IT!! LOL... but I think it's kinda funny... I hate wearing my emotions on my sleave though it sucks. I've always been a blusher... In highschool people would tease me about it all the time. I hate when people tell me I'm red... just leave me ALONE!!

The best thing to do is try to not let it affect you, I know its hard and youve probably heard it before. Just try and keep doing whatever it is your doing and however hard it seems put yourself in positions in which you would blush (ie participating in class, talking to your girl). I have suffered from it and it still affects me from time to time but I just believe if people can't look past the color of your skin (whether its red, black, blue, purple) they have bigger problems.

I still tend to blush when I see a girl I like, or when I'm playing basketball/drinking etc... just go about your business as usual. If your looking for something to diminish it Finacea has helped a lot of people, I have been on it for about 4 weeks and it has helped a little, might be worth a try. (Back to the playoffs, will give more advice if needed)