Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Apomes

What's this? (side effect after TCA)

Hey, yesterday I did a Peel and the derm touched some spots with TCA. Now those spots are like bruised! They are darker/purple! Is this normal? will it go away? How long will it take?

Hey, yesterday I did a Peel and the derm touched some spots with TCA. Now those spots are like bruised! They are darker/purple! Is this normal? will it go away? How long will it take?

What kind of peel? What strength of TCA? What aftercare instructions?

When I did my TCA CROSS with 100% TCA, the surrounding skin turned BRIGHT red and was a little bit tender. There was no bruising the next day, but erythema did remain. There was microswelling for a few hours afterwards. Could it be shadows that you see from swelling? If I looked in the mirror in certain lights, it appeared bruised until I turned a brighter light on. Scabs did not form for me until three days later.

Skins are different as we know. What turned bright red for me might be a bruise for you. I would call the dermatologist to ask, so that your concerns will be allayed.

Put antibiotic ointment onto the bruised spots, unless your derm told you to apply something else. After the CROSS I did to myself, I applied neosporin.

i would say this is normal, as TCA weakens teh outter layers of skin so it dies and flakes off.

the "purple" colour is just the acid working and its irritated the spots but the spots should dry up and fall off soon since TCA kills spots/bacteria :) just dont pick your skin and you'll be fine :)

she put a strong glycol peel on my face and then I think it was 100% TCA. After neutralizing it she put me on a cold mask.

Now I'm just bruised! But went to the pharamacist and she told me it's normal and it would go away after week or so! Just no scabbing!

For aftercare I got La Roche-Posay daycreme for ultrasensitive skin!

And after a week I have to put on subsribded salyctic acid facial wash and a Isotretoine 7,5% nightcreme for 'filling' up my scars and stuff!

she put a strong glycol peel on my face and then I think it was 100% TCA. After neutralizing it she put me on a cold mask.

Now I'm just bruised! But went to the pharamacist and she told me it's normal and it would go away after week or so! Just no scabbing!

For aftercare I got La Roche-Posay daycreme for ultrasensitive skin!

And after a week I have to put on subsribded salyctic acid facial wash and a Isotretoine 7,5% nightcreme for 'filling' up my scars and stuff!

Oh! Wonderful! I'm very happy so far with my results with light glycolic applications daily and the TCA CROSS I did almost two weeks? ago. I hope you're thrilled with your results! Sounds like great aftercare instructions, too. :)

Exactly as the pharmacist said, Don't worry! :)