Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
fiction

Can I live without fruit?

Well good... depending on where you are it might not be a good morning after all, but anyway, hello,lol. Okay As the topic title states I would like to know if you can...tadaa... live without fruit. You see, I am 21 years old lady-girl and in the last 2 years I've developed this craziness where I get headaches from sugar ( so far as I know its only refined, unless I swallow a mack truck of pineapples or something. I've had acne for the last 8 years or so and over the course of that time thanks to the all too helpful antibiotic, I have candida problems now too. I want to do the Paleo diet sans fruit, because I don't want any type of sugar in my body. I know vegetables have some but I don't eat carrots, celery, tomatoes, or eggs ( why I threw eggs in there, I don't know) So again, I beseech you, people of the acne boards, please let me know if this could adversely affect my health. Any experience, comments, jokes, lies, and stories would be helpful. Oh yes, and have a nice day :)

your friend,

SG

Well good... depending on where you are it might not be a good morning after all, but anyway, hello,lol. Okay As the topic title states I would like to know if you can...tadaa... live without fruit. You see, I am 21 years old lady-girl and in the last 2 years I've developed this craziness where I get headaches from sugar ( so far as I know its only refined, unless I swallow a mack truck of pineapples or something. I've had acne for the last 8 years or so and over the course of that time thanks to the all too helpful antibiotic, I have candida problems now too. I want to do the Paleo diet sans fruit, because I don't want any type of sugar in my body. I know vegetables have some but I don't eat carrots, celery, tomatoes, or eggs ( why I threw eggs in there, I don't know) So again, I beseech you, people of the acne boards, please let me know if this could adversely affect my health. Any experience, comments, jokes, lies, and stories would be helpful. Oh yes, and have a nice day :)

your friend,

SG

Are you a vegetable eater?

For diabetics, they suggest keeping pinapple and extremely ripe bananas to a minimum (and one other fruit, but I forget). Those are the fruits that quickly raise our blood-sugar levels. Diabetics dont have to worry about other fruits, because they dont have quantities of sugar that are very significant.

I would suggest removing 3 fruits that are the highest in sugar, however, there are fruits which are beneficial.

I would suggest you have an allergy test because they say everyone has food sensitivities, which usually causes acne :)

I lived without it for 22 years haha, but I was eating tons of icecream, cookies, and chocolate!

I guess you don't really need it, but by eliminating so much sugar, prepare to feel sleepy

Yeah, fruit in moderation isn't be bad for you. The sugars in it are digested slower than normal refined sugars, which is why you don't get a buzz after eating a couple of apples (compared with eating 30 grams of sugar). Even if the sugar did worsen the acne, I think the fruit would be much more beneficial because of its antioxidant concentration.

okay i'm sorry i can't really answer your question but i wanted to reply anyway cos i liked your post and you sound like a really cool person! :D

:clap::dance::cool: a little clap/dance/cool dude just for you! yeah!

x

Thank you much everyone. I shan't be partaking of fruits so much anymore. Dang near half my diet, but as I always seem to forget, moderation seems to be key. I didn't know that Candida problems entail headaches. That sounds serious, I'll have to further roam the internet for more info. Aww, all of you are so nice and friendly. I appreciate that, everyone have a good day! :)

your friend

SG

yep seems all us acne sufferers have to consume nothing but mountains of veggies all day

mmm, taste that fiber and water

You can live without fruit. However, without fruit your lifespan will very likely be much shorter.