Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I was at the drug store today, checking out some of the "oil-control" liquid foundations, and I saw that alot of them have ~1% Salicylic Acid. I know it is benefical for acne when used as a peel or wash, but do you think it makes sense for makeup? Anyone have any experience with these products?

I was at the drug store today, checking out some of the \"oil-control\" liquid foundations, and I saw that alot of them have ~1% Salicylic Acid.  I know it is benefical for acne when used as a peel or wash, but do you think it makes sense for makeup?  Anyone have any experience with these products?

1 of the problems w/ oil-control foundations is that they may dry up on your skin and look like spackle w/in a few hours (Neutrogena does this, at least on me). I've never had a salicylic acid containing foundation worsen my breakouts (although they all sucked as foundations, either drying up too much or having no coverage). Almay's isn't bad, but doesn't have much coverage.

when i use concealer/foundation i use Clinique acne solutions concealing cream which has 1% salicylic acid. It is pretty dry for a concealer but doesn't make me break out assuming I don't leave it on for a very long time... It doesn't do anything to actually help get rid of the acne but covers it pretty well and doesn't make it worse.

I usually top it off with either Bonne Bell no shine powder which for some reason though it is a cheap brand works well for me, or Physicians formula cosmetics power palette multi-coloured corrector in green, which helps with redness if my face is particularly red. Then sometimes on top use Clinique brush on sun oil free powder, it's a bronzer which also helps in getting rid of redness. Not a big fan of heavy foundation.