Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
kookla

So, Everyday Minerals..

I read someone's post somewhere around the boards and she'd mentioned Everyday Minerals make up. I'd heard of it before but never considered it. I've been looking for a good foundation with good coverage and one that doesn't give you that "tired" look at the end of the day.

Currently, I use MAC Studio Fix (shade N3) which is fine. But, like most everybody else, I'm on that (endless) quest for the perfect foundation for me. I've used BE, which is pretty much the devil and has a tendency to give me a tired, worn out, so-going-to-come-off-of-your-face-in-a-minute look by the end of my day. Not to mention it gives me a very shiny face and requires much more touch ups.

Due to my current state of being ... more than a little broke (don't get me started on unnecessary overdraft fees) I'm mixing BE and my MAC Studio Fix because the compact doesn't have a lot in there and I can't afford a new one quite yet, I'm willing to venture out and try something new.

Everyday Minerals has a very agreeable price. Even for the brushes. I just don't want to be excited about and then quickly disappointed by yet another mineral make up.

So, what's up with it? ;]

I really like EM. The intensive formula gives good coverage. The finish is matte, but without that powdery look some MMU can give. It lasts very well for me. My face gets less shiny & at the end of the day I look pretty fresh still. I wore it to an outdoor music festival in 100 degree heat & I only blotted once or twice in all 10 hours & came home with my face intact.

My skin is pale olive & I have a hard time finding a good match without looking too sallow or pale. EM has really nice colors though, very natural looking & they bring out the best in your skin tone.

It's not perfect, but it's the best thing I have tried for my skin. Sure, you can get even fuller coverage with a liquid foundation, or even other MMU, but I have yet to see any look as natural or feel as light with the coverage that EM intensive gives. For my oily skin it just looks & lasts the best.

I Love EM!! I have nearly used it for 1/2 a year! I use their multitasking concealer as my foundation. I find that it works for me better than their 'true' foundations. When i order their starter kit, i order about 5 multitasking concealers :lol: (yes, they let you make changes to your order which is :cool: ) cuz i cant get 2 foundations, i wont even need them.

There MMU gives me a flawless, natural, full coverage finish.

I didn't like it, rubbed off too easily for me. waaaay too easily. then again, I have a beef with most mineral makeup :rolleyes:

I tried EM and really WANTED to like it. I knew shipping would be next day because they are not far from where I live.

I tried it over and over again, but I just couldn't wear it. It looked great when I put it on in the morning, but after an hour or so, it seemed to melt into my face, turning into a dark, muddy color. I switched to a different color, thinking I had just chosen the wrong color. But I had the same results - it either turned reddish or muddy after a while. I have fair skin with no green undertones. I don't know if that had something to do with it. Maybe it works better for olive-skin tones? Or maybe my skin is just weird... I dunno.

I also did not like the way it smelled - the foundations I ordered smelled like dirt. I guess that's good because it means they didn't perfume it up... but???

The good thing is that it did NOT break me out. That's an important +

I do still wear their silk veil, though. It's the nicest veil I've found and I'll continue to order it.

Their customer service is great and shipping was really fast. I wish I had found a color that didn't turn muddy on my skin.

I tried it over and over again, but I just couldn't wear it. It looked great when I put it on in the morning, but after an hour or so, it seemed to melt into my face, turning into a dark, muddy color. I switched to a different color, thinking I had just chosen the wrong color. But I had the same results - it either turned reddish or muddy after a while. I have fair skin with no green undertones. I don't know if that had something to do with it. Maybe it works better for olive-skin tones? Or maybe my skin is just weird... I dunno.

I love EM...Im still trying out all of them with my samples to see what exact color I want with what finish. I think I need one more order and then ill be left with tons of samples, but thats ok, Ill just experiment and make a special blend hehe. Theres a big difference between EM and BE. BE has bismuth oxychloride which is a really heavy substsance, and which is why you need a thick brush like the kabuki to blend it properly. Its also the reason the BE gives you the shine because thats what they use in other things to get a shimmer. The intense formula is the best for coverage, but I think since you have to conceal your blemishes anyways then it wouldnt really matter, so I guess its best for when you want just one step for the most coverage and dont have time to conceal the spots.

What's the difference between Everyday Minerals and Bare Minerals (besides of course being different brands)? Is the formulation that different?

All the cosmetic companies are jumping on the minerals bandwagon. Neutrogena, L'Oreal, it seems everyone has their own version. Probably just took their old versions, smashed it into powder and repackaged it. :P (just kidding - a little bit)

I tried Bare Minerals. I like it, but I do think it makes me break out. No more mineral makeup for me. I now have a lovely huge red bump right in the middle of my nose, and others scattered through various spots. And I get married in two weeks. I hope the worst acne is gone by then!

What's the difference between Everyday Minerals and Bare Minerals (besides of course being different brands)? Is the formulation that different?

All the cosmetic companies are jumping on the minerals bandwagon. Neutrogena, L'Oreal, it seems everyone has their own version. Probably just took their old versions, smashed it into powder and repackaged it. :P (just kidding - a little bit)

I tried Bare Minerals. I like it, but I do think it makes me break out. No more mineral makeup for me. I now have a lovely huge red bump right in the middle of my nose, and others scattered through various spots. And I get married in two weeks. I hope the worst acne is gone by then!

Yes the formulation is different, and in a significant way. Bare Minerals (or Bare Essence) can make acne prone skin react very badly because of the ingredient Bismuth Oxychloride, which is bad for the skin. That's why so many people here dislike BM. Some people have broken out horribly from it.

And yes you are right; there are many companies doing the mineral makeup thing & if you study the ingredients they do have minerals, but along with all of kinds of other stuff too. They are not 100% mineral.

I personally like Everyday Minerals because it has minimal ingredients, is truly 100% mineral, and you almost never hear anyone complain of it irritating their skin (I don't think I've read one complaint of that here). There are several other mineral makeup brands that other people like here too, so read around if you're at all interested in trying a different mineral makeup.

Other than the bismuth oxychloride being irritating to people skin, it has a thick texture and is also why people feel that its cakey. Also, its what causes the shininess that some people dont like.

Anyone who is an Advid user of Everyday Minerals ever have this happen to them:

Well I ordered a couple of times from EDM full size kit orders. My first order the foundation was a perfect match. My 2nd and future orders well after pulling out previous orders I match the foundations together up. It seems that every order the Foundation has a color change I have one package that the shade is more lighter and another where the shade is darker? Really Weird!!

Anyone who is an Advid user of Everyday Minerals ever have this happen to them:

Well I ordered a couple of times from EDM full size kit orders. My first order the foundation was a perfect match. My 2nd and future orders well after pulling out previous orders I match the foundations together up. It seems that every order the Foundation has a color change I have one package that the shade is more lighter and another where the shade is darker? Really Weird!!

personally i didnt like EM. i ordered some samples from them and from signature minerals. and signature minerals was def better in my opinion. I think it covers better and looks much more natural. plus im on accutane and EM seemed to make my skin look even more dry....signature minerals did not. also signature minerals seriously just like....never comes off until you wash it off. last night i was snuggled up with my boyfriend with my cheek pressed into his shirt in a hot room. I was like "shit....when i get up all my make up will be GONE and it will be ALL OVER HIM."

to my surprise, when we got up there wasn't even the slightest trace of make up on his white shirt and when i looked in a mirror later my skin actually looked better (possibly because it set into my face more somehow). it never changes color on me. i am in love with this make up. the samples are free so i would really urge you to try it.

good luck!

I tried everyday minerals. I thought it looked great and gave good coverage, but I went out to do some gardening on a hot day, and when I came back in sweating, I looked in the mirror and my face looked white washed!! I had wide streaks of white paint going down my face. :shock:

It didn't stand up to the heat. It would have been very embarrasing if I'd been in public.

Everyday minerals changed color about halfway through the day. Turned my skin an orangy, oompa loompa color. It truly did!!! Sheer cover also did this.

I love Signature Minerals!!!!! good, natural coverage, nice size samples, fast shipping and a great price.

If you are looking for a mineral foundation, give it a try. :dance:

I know, that sounded like an ad, I didn't mean it too, I just am surprised and happy I found a foundation that I like.

Okay I have taken the plunge and ordered a sample kit

because my new fave the Milani minerals has that bismuth stuff in it and although it does not irritate my skin yet , it might later..

I got some samples from Signature minerals. I like the coverage. They give good size samples, and I really like to colors they offer. I'm testing it out, and so far I like it a lot. :D

I tried everyday minerals. I thought it looked great and gave good coverage, but I went out to do some gardening on a hot day, and when I came back in sweating, I looked in the mirror and my face looked white washed!! I had wide streaks of white paint going down my face. :shock:

It didn't stand up to the heat. It would have been very embarrasing if I'd been in public.

I went to an all day musical festival in 100 degree heat in the desert & my Everyday Minerals held up beautifully for about 10 hours. I have no issues with steaking or color change either. I came home at 1 am & couldn't believe how well my makeup held up.

The only MMU to turn white & streak off for me was Joppa. Meow minerals would often turn darker on me after a few hours too, but it started off a little pale & powdery so I think it just had to "melt" into th skin.

Signature does look very natural & wear well too, but it did not give me nearly enough coverage. I had to layer like 5 layers to get any coverage. For EM I need 2, maybe 3 layers in some areas.

Strange that we had such different experiences!! If it had withstood the heat, I'm sure I'd be an EM fan. I assume your face sweated in that 100 degree heat, right?