Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
inrii

DKR and Saturday wedding

I've been using DKR for the last few weeks (DKR cleanser 2x/day, DKR BP 1x/day, Cetaphil moisturizer 2x/day), and I had a question for all the makeup people out here.

My sister's getting married this Saturday at 3pm. The ladies in the wedding party (myself included) are going to get hair and makeup done at 10 that morning. Now, I'm not sure if I should follow the Regimen that morning, for the following reasons:

1. It might get pretty warm out, since it's an outside wedding in an area that can get pretty warm this time of year
  2. The redness would mean more to cover up with makeup (mainly an issue for pictures)
  3. The Cetaphil, while great at moisturizing, is not so awesome at being nongreasy

I don't want to have a crapload of stuff on my face, making me look more red and shiny than usual. So far I have been really pleased at the Regimen and its results, and have taken the tradeoff of clear skin for the red oilyness that's followed. But I'm worried that the addition of makeup to this mix will make things worse - that everything will clump up moreso than right now (I could take a fingernail lightly to my face in some places and come away with stuff that could be equal parts moisturizer and BP, with maybe some flaked skin mixed in for fun. This is especially true for my jawline, temples, and a few other areas).

What should I do? Do I go there with the BP + Cetaphil on the face, or go in there fresh-faced and go back to the Regimen that night?

From what I can recall, the salon uses Bare Minerals makeup.

Thanks.

Hi,

since it is just for one day and it is a special occasion, I think would skip the Regimen that morning and have a nice face for the pictures if you have been having trouble with flaking and redness. You can do the Regimen that night.

BUT, I have one caution, a great many of us have broken out from Bare Minerals, so beware. Perhaps one day alone won't bother your skin.

Have a great time at the wedding!

Hi,

since it is just for one day and it is a special occasion, I think would skip the Regimen that morning and have a nice face for the pictures if you have been having trouble with flaking and redness. You can do the Regimen that night.

BUT, I have one caution, a great many of us have broken out from Bare Minerals, so beware. Perhaps one day alone won't bother your skin.

Have a great time at the wedding!

Maybe I'll just use half as much of both as I normally would, so things aren't hella greasy but at the same time my skin isn't left flapping bare in the wind if the Bare Minerals gets irritating.

I know my mom's really liked the Bare Minerals stuff, but on the other hand, we definitely have different skin types (at least, right now at any rate), so there you go. Luckily, the Regimen has really been awesome so far so really all the makeup lady would have to do is even out skin tone and go from there. Hooray?

Thanks!

honestly, i don't think you'll necessarily benefit from just skipping one application. when i was on the dkr and i had flaking/redness/etc. i would skip applications too, but those side effects only subsided after a couple days of missed applications, not just one morning one. i hope that makes sense. i just don't want you to think you'll erase everything just by skipping your morning routine.

anyway, the make-up artist should be able to cover anything you don't want shown. just address any concerns you have with them; they should be understanding. as far as bare minerals, i never had a problem with it, and one day of bare minerals should be okay anyway, just don't be so quick to buy everything you see. relax and have a wonderful time at the wedding, the last thing you want to worry about it is your skin. i was in a wedding recently and sprouted the hugest zit on my cheek the night before, but the make-up artist that did mine was able to cover everything. have the mindset that things are going to go great and you're going to look fabulous! you'll feel so much better!