Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Determined86

Cosmetic Derm Consultation

Hey guys this Friday I'm going to go to two different Cosmetic Derms for a consultation. I've never even been to a regular derm before so I'm looking for some advice. What questions should I ask? I'm going in to talk about Fraxel but am going to be open to other options as well.

This is a pic from the Fraxel website that one of the Derm's I'm going to on Friday performed. I hope I get results like that considering my scars aren't as deep or as many as the woman in the pic.

http://www.fraxel.com/photo-gallery/detail...&StartRow=1

Thanks so much!

Here are some questions from various sites (including Oprah):

• Looking into a mirror with the doctor, point out your concerns. Then ask if he or she agrees with your assessments.

• The doctor should be board certified (is he/she?). How experienced is he/she with the proposed treatments?

• What are my treatment options? Based on my scarring, what would you say would give me the best outcome and be financially feasible?

• What's the science behind the recommended products? Have they been shown to be safe and effective in scientific studies? Are they FDA approved?

• How long will it take for me to see visible results?

• How many patients were not satisfied after having this treatment? Why weren't they satisfied?

• What are the common side effects or complications? What are the infrequent ones? How long might any of them last?

• Will there be anything in the near future that may be more effective than the recommended treatment?

• If you're considering a procedure: What is the preoperative preparation?

• How and for how long will activity be restricted postprocedure?

• What kind of maintenance program will be required? How long will results last?

• Are there photographs available of patients pre- and posttreatment?

• Is there any guarantee for the extent of improvement I might expect? If the treatment does not work sufficiently (to an agreed upon amount prior to the procedure), may I have a refund or have another type of treatment at reduced cost?

• What's the fee for the procedure? Does it include physician's fee, anesthesia, and other related costs?

You may want to find someone who has Pixel. It's newer than Fraxel but seems to produce greater results with fewer treatments. Also, make sure that the pictures you review are pictures of patients that the doctor has actually treated - not just ones on the

Fraxel website. Good luck!

You may want to find someone who has Pixel. It's newer than Fraxel but seems to produce greater results with fewer treatments. Also, make sure that the pictures you review are pictures of patients that the doctor has actually treated - not just ones on the

Fraxel website. Good luck!

Nanci Marie, I've noticed that you are going around on this board promoting the pixel laser...uum..have you had the procedure?...do you have acne scars?...are you spamming us or working for the company :naughty:

I've been tracking your responses and something seems amiss...

care to clear it up?