Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I took it while I was on Accutane. But not together of course. So wait 2 hours before you take each one.

Make sure your Biotin pills don't contain Vitamin A either. Take the highest dosage too. I'm still taking mine.

I didn't think biotin caused breakouts :think: in fact, I hear its great for skin, hair, and nails.. an important vitamin to have :shrug:

I didn't think biotin caused breakouts :think: in fact, I hear its great for skin, hair, and nails.. an important vitamin to have :shrug:

i got complex B last night. theres 25 mcg of biotin in it... is that enough?

Will taking it with Tane harm? I have been taking Biotin for 1 year just b/c I have thin hair, I have been on Tane for 1 month now and I take them together, does it really effect anything??

For me it did, and for some others too, I got oily when I introduced it, as soon as I stopped the accutane kicked back in (same with B5). I personally avoid Biotin like the plague (and actually think its a key for me for contributing to acne), but I think a lot maybe has to do with body types. For those who are extremely oily and have full strong hair, I think they are better without Biotin is my guess. For those who have finer hair and less oily, and maybe worried about hairloss etc, I'd say add it in as a supplement.

Just use common sense and if the accutane starts to be less effective when you introduce it (will take a few days) and you get oilier, or acne gets worse, maybe hold back from taking it. If it doesn't make any difference (i.e for the worse), stick with it.