Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mbbento

How do I get rid of closed comedones??

Hey guys,

Since being on tane for a month, a have gotten several closed comedones on both cheeks and a few on my forehead. Most of them have been there a few weeks - neither shrinking nor growing. I know I could squeeze them to death and that would be the end of it, but since I'm on tane, I know that's a big no, no. So, I was wondering if anyone else had trouble with them during there course, and what they did (if anything) to get rid of them? Any help is much appreciated.

Hey guys,

Since being on tane for a month, a have gotten several closed comedones on both cheeks and a few on my forehead. Most of them have been there a few weeks - neither shrinking nor growing. I know I could squeeze them to death and that would be the end of it, but since I'm on tane, I know that's a big no, no. So, I was wondering if anyone else had trouble with them during there course, and what they did (if anything) to get rid of them? Any help is much appreciated.

Mine stuck around 2 months. Has your skin purged yet? (feels like all of those closed comedones are sprouting up - face feels kinda rough) After that process which lasts a few weeks, it gets so much better! I also did a little extra to help (although they do say not to exfoliate so please take this as my experience and try it only if you feel it is right for you). A few times a week I would add a little baking soda to my cetaphil cleanser for a gentle natural exfoliant. It doesn't feel rough at all and really helpd to smooth my skin out.

Good luck to you!

Mine stuck around 2 months. Has your skin purged yet? (feels like all of those closed comedones are sprouting up - face feels kinda rough) After that process which lasts a few weeks, it gets so much better! I also did a little extra to help (although they do say not to exfoliate so please take this as my experience and try it only if you feel it is right for you). A few times a week I would add a little baking soda to my cetaphil cleanser for a gentle natural exfoliant. It doesn't feel rough at all and really helpd to smooth my skin out.

Good luck to you!

I suggest you refrain from using baking soda, its incredibly alkaline and you'll totally F up your skin's natural barrier (just look up baking soda on this forum to find all the info, but your skin has a pH level that needs to be maintained and using baking soda will SEVERELY mess that up)

Plain sugar or brown sugar works nicely and has no effect at all on the pH level..

Thanks for the advise everyone! Right now I have nothing really inflamed or active, just those flesh-colored bumps everywhere. It is refreshing to hear someone say that they go away, because I've heard they can last awhile and these have been looking the same day after day. Likewise, they aren't too sexy looking either:)

I do think my face is purging? I have notice (especially around my nose) that "gunk" has been coming out of my pores and it makes the area feel kind of rough. I'm just going to hang in there and hope things start to look better in month 2.

Thanks for the advise everyone! Right now I have nothing really inflamed or active, just those flesh-colored bumps everywhere. It is refreshing to hear someone say that they go away, because I've heard they can last awhile and these have been looking the same day after day. Likewise, they aren't too sexy looking either:)

I do think my face is purging? I have notice (especially around my nose) that "gunk" has been coming out of my pores and it makes the area feel kind of rough. I'm just going to hang in there and hope things start to look better in month 2.

I'm pretty much in the same boat - I have no actives, but I have about 5 blackheads/clogged pores that have been sticking around for awhile...