Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sweetshotpfhs

wow.. the rash on my arm is getting worse.

Okay, a couple of days ago, I started to notice a rash developing on my arm. I decided to put some hydrocortisone maximum on it and the next day, my arm was broken out in a bad rash.

What do i do besides see my derm, because I don't want to risk him taking me off Accutane?

I have some Triamcinolone that might work. I'm also considering taking oatmeal baths.

Any other suggestions?

Theres an aveeno product I like that you can use in the shower. It works really well on rashes. Its called Aveeno Anti Itch or something.

avoid using steroids like hydrocortisone for more than two weeks. i got thin skin and stretch marks from that. my derm prescribed it for the rash on my arms. he kept me on the tane but looking back i wish i went off until the rash went away then started again. it's not worth it now cause i've got the side effect for life now :(

i have rashes on my arms that i get if i dont moisturize. Im on 40 mg a day. And i mean, if i dont moisturize at all just for 1 day the rash starts coming back. I constantly need to moisturize and that keeps my rash from coming up. Its like, red and blotchy and feels kind of tender. It has a rougher texture than the rest of my arm.

Try moisturizing all the time for the next 3 days to see if it goes away.

Okay, a couple of days ago, I started to notice a rash developing on my arm. I decided to put some hydrocortisone maximum on it and the next day, my arm was broken out in a bad rash.

What do i do besides see my derm, because I don't want to risk him taking me off Accutane?

I have some Triamcinolone that might work. I'm also considering taking oatmeal baths.

Any other suggestions?

i have a wierd arm rash too. Its weirder still though cus its like symetrical the same size at the same place on both arms

It doesnt bopther me though tbh.

It will eventually go away, but mine does hurt sometimes. It is Eczema which will come an go and move around your entire body and never come back in someplaces. I luckily have never had in all places at the same time. Mine comes and goes on the palms of my hand, back of my lower arm, and in neck. Do not let it get out of control though if you start to get it on your hands see the Doc cause it can actually get under your fingernails and make them seperate for your skin. I used to be on steriod cream for it, but I am on 100mg a day of Accuntane and my derm gives me samples of Elidel (check Spelling) to put on and it usually is gone the next day. Oatmeal is excellent for soothing the itching. IF you can try to find Eczema wash and Lotion made by Baby Orajel you can probably find it in any baby section in the store and cut the foot part off of a clean sock and put it over the rash and go to bed. It should feel better by morning. By the way stress can make it flare up, changes in the weather (mine is in the spring and summer.), and sweating after I go to the gym my neck itches like crazy until I get home to shower.

I've been taking a couple oatmeal baths a day and I've been applying triamcinolone after. I've been missing a couple of days of school because its been pretty bad on my arms and hands, but it's starting to get better.

hey ive been on 40mg of roaccutane for 40 days and if had mild eczama all my life, i usually apply 1% hydrocortisone to my arms and neck but i ran out 4 days ago and will get it next on friday, i itch alot at night and normally i get little red bumps, normal eczama but ive got what looks like a burn mark real smooth deep red patch. what can i use instead of hydrocortisone?