Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Gutsu

Mixing Klaron with Lorac Neutralizer?

I have mild acne and mild rosacea. I currently use Yasmin, Differin at night, and Klaron during the day. I have some redness on my nose, mouth, chin areas, and I am considering mixing Lorac Oil-Free Neutralizer with Klaron lotion. Has anyone tried anything like this before? And, will the Klaron still work as well if I do this?

I have mild acne and mild rosacea. I currently use Yasmin, Differin at night, and Klaron during the day. I have some redness on my nose, mouth, chin areas, and I am considering mixing Lorac Oil-Free Neutralizer with Klaron lotion. Has anyone tried anything like this before? And, will the Klaron still work as well if I do this?

I'm new to this message board as of today. I personally don't have much experience with rosacea but I know a bit about herbs. I don't know if you've explored their individual benefits in the past but here's some information and a couple of links that may help.

As for the redness around your nose, mouth, and chin, this is clearly an SOS from your skin. I'm sure you've noticed that Klaron is incredibly drying (it does contain 100 mg of sodium sulfacetamide). It's a great antibacterial solution for acne but combined with Differin and birth control, your skin has become irritated and is probably pleading for moisture! If I were in your position, I would get myself a nice, gentle soap, toner, and oil-free moisturizer. A daily sunscreen prevents irritation, redness, and UV/UB damage which can lead to aging and more severly, cancer.

Anyway, back to them Urbs! ;)

These are the main antiflamatory herbs, known for their conditioning and soothing properties.

Comfrey, Calendula, Licourice Root, Lavender, Aloe Vera, Rosemary, Chamomile, Echinacea, Evening Primrose, Garlic, Basil, Tea Tree, Rose(water), Oat(meal), Willowbark, Neem, Peppermint, Geranium, Hyssop, Patchouli, Sandalwood, Ylang-Ylang, and Dandelion.

I highly recomend the comfrey, calendula, lavender, aloe, and chamomile.

http://www.hamblys.net/shop/herbs/

http://www.witchway.net/herbal/herbal1.html

In case you're interested, a bar of Goats milk soap is absolutely amazing. Also. Burts Bees makes this Grapefruit Complexion Mist. My friend has rosacea and she uses this as her toner twice a day and you wouldn't know she had a skin condition. I've also used this for my acne in the past and it worked pretty well. I didn't use it very long and I have moderate acne so it will probably work better for your mild case.They also make a Lavender Complexion Mist which you may like better. Both are very soothing. Follow with some Aloe Vera and I think you'll see some great results! :thumbsup:

Thanks NoSubstance. I think you might be right, because I tried a slightly harsher facewash last night, and my face was instantly redder than usual.

The Klaron doesn't seem to dry my skin out (that I notice?). It's in lotion form...

Maybe I should mix it with Cetaphil Moisturizer instead, but I didn't think I needed to do that because my skin feels soft, and a bit oily even on my nose, but that could be from the Klaron.