Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I am sorry if this is posted in the wrong section I am just not sure where to post it.

I am on and have been on Dan's regimen for over a year now, and while the BP has not completely cleared me up I have cleared up more than I have on other products. The problem is that even though I moisturize and even though I have given my face time to adjust I still get soooooooo dry from the BP. I was thinking of trying out tea tree oil because from what people have said on the forum it works in a similar way to BP without the drying effects. So is this true or is there any other product that might be better for me?

So assuming tea tree oil works in the same fashion as BP I was thinking of designing a regimen that would incorporate both tea tree oil and BP. Like perhaps use only BP during the day and then TTO at night? Or perhaps BP day and night three days straight and then switch to TTO for three days? What exactly would be the best and consistent way to use both products? If mixing them is a good idea at all (which I hope is). I think what I would eventually like to do is wean myself off of BP to where I just use it as a spot treatment or once a week that way if TTO doesn't offer all the benefits of BP I can still use it, just sparingly without having a face like a desert/fish flake face. Also wouldn't this process help out with the purging process from using a new product/going off a product? BTW, what should I expect from a tea tree oil purge?

And lastly, what brand of TTO should I look for and how much should the percentage be? Is this something I can find in any health food store? How much should I apply and how should I apply it/leave it on etc etc?

Thanks so much!