Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
TCat

Mandelic Acid Review

I thought i'd put together a review of whats working for me now. For the past 7weeks i've been using Mandelic Acid, started with a 10% serum for the first 4-5 then upped it to 15%. Two courses of accutane cured my moderate-severe cysts etc but i would still get mild outbreaks and papules (oil never went away) so I was looking for a system I could use to maintain clarity. Found info on mandelic acid on these boards and thought i'd give it a go... The first 4 weeks werent great, there is a inital purge expected with this and i found i had some cysts which i hadnt seen in a long time. It was a tough period but I stuck it out and am very happy with things at the moment, almost perfect really. The only side effect is lots of skin peeling, but a good daily moisteriser with SPF15 takes care of that. I'm thinking I may add in a retinoid (just in search of perfection ha) as I dont get any irritation from mandelic but dont want to jinx anything. If anyone is thinking of trying it patience and endurance is key...

TJ Out.

I thought i'd put together a review of whats working for me now. For the past 7weeks i've been using Mandelic Acid, started with a 10% serum for the first 4-5 then upped it to 15%. Two courses of accutane cured my moderate-severe cysts etc but i would still get mild outbreaks and papules (oil never went away) so I was looking for a system I could use to maintain clarity. Found info on mandelic acid on these boards and thought i'd give it a go... The first 4 weeks werent great, there is a inital purge expected with this and i found i had some cysts which i hadnt seen in a long time. It was a tough period but I stuck it out and am very happy with things at the moment, almost perfect really. The only side effect is lots of skin peeling, but a good daily moisteriser with SPF15 takes care of that. I'm thinking I may add in a retinoid (just in search of perfection ha) as I dont get any irritation from mandelic but dont want to jinx anything. If anyone is thinking of trying it patience and endurance is key...

TJ Out.

Glad to hear you are getting good results! Which brand of mandelic are you using?

Well, its the only one I can find in the UK. A company with an ebay store - Ishtar Skinlights.

yay~ im happy for you!!! =] why dont you try Green Cream? i was debating between Mandelic and Green cream because i found out that it wasnt a good idea to use both products in the beginning but since ure used to mandelic acid now maybe u can fit green cream in somewhere in ur regimen to improve further =]

I dont think I can get green cream in the UK. I'm not willing to pay huge shipping costs for it is the problem...

TCat

Are you still using the Ishtar Mandelic Acid 10% /15% serum?

Do you recommend it? I also live in the UK and I am agonising whether to purchase Ishtar versus other lotions/serums in terms of effectiveness (as well as factoring in price +shipping and location of product etc).

I know you probably havent tried all the mandelic acid topicals out there, but here is a list of ones Im thinking of getting and trying to pick which one.

1. Mama Lotion (10%) 50ml £37.90

2. Ishtar serum (10%) 50ml £16.95 or 15% for £19.95

3. Other Mandelic Acid serum from the US e.g. from Nucelle / Vivant etc. Price varies of course.

Anyway as the Ishtar serum appears to be the least expensive I thought about trying it out. There are practically no reviews on Ishtar as a product though (apart from your brief review in this post). Any tips or recs welcome.

Thanks