Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
tamlanticyen

What's paleo diet?

This diet isnt the best diet to go with. Of course, it does tell you to stay away from processed foods and refined sugar, but this diet is only good for people with certain lifestyles; mostly hippies, more or less. I am now regularly going to the gym and working on my muscles, so I need (good) carbs to help with muscle production. My current lifestyle would not work with a paleo diet.

For about 8 weeks, I went on a very similar diet, except it was 98% strictly vegetarian, with no meat or dairy, and most of the food I ate everyday had to be raw (uncooked veggies basically). The system greatly helped my acne, though I also used an entirely different regimen on my face, so whether it was the diet or the regimen (or both) that really helped, I don't know.

I've been off this diet for around 7 weeks now, and I haven't really noticed any difference in my acne since I stopped. I started eating meat and dairy (though I am still not eating anything processed, or refined sugar), and neither have seemed to aggravate my acne. A diet like this is only worth trying if you got the time and money :cool: ,

and you have some reasonable ability to cook

unless you want salads all day or meat mixed with cooked veggies