Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Slyphnier

My battle with acne

if i remember back then, first time i got acne is on my 3rd grade junior highschool...

that time comedoes like acne start poping in my forehead, at that time i dun care much about my face or my personal looks, so those things dun bother me...

sometimes when i scratch my forehead hard enuf, it can pops the comedoes (hard sebum? thinggie) ....

are those what called millia? (if anyone know about it, please let me know)

then on my senior highschool ... the acne flare up on cheeck...while my forehead is like before, passive comedoes bump, that do nothing and staying like forever

at that time i start to concern my personal looks... so i start to find nice acne treatment

first treatment is my mom acne night treatment, spot treatment, which i dun really mention the ingredients....

then since it didnt stop my acne (well its kinda obvious since i am on my puberty + that time i live in south asia which the weather is more acne prone)

then i tried to find better acne treatment ... that time i found out proactive .... but dunno why i got cyst using proactive... so after using few treatment set, i stop... then i found another product... murad acne treatment kid....then i am trying 2 set... but the result not good... the moisture is to oily somehow, its often make my face really oily....

then because my mom also concern about my acne, she ask me whether i want to get facial treatment, i guess nothing wrong trying that... then i going for several facial treatment, it really hurts! since those este person squeze hard the bump on my face ... even their tools is sterilize and after the poping, asap they apply mask .... but often few days after the facial i got big bump that hurt (cyst?)

after several facial treatment, i feel enuf with the pain i got when the treatment going and bump i often got...

then soon after that i got another acne treatment, that treatment is from local famous dermatology.... its benzoyl peroxide, but its look like concelear too... since that bp spot treatment have biosulfur

the igredient of that bp spot treatment is : bp (dunno the %) . triclosan . biosulfur . clindamycin....

when i am using it somehow it heal the acne fast, but often it makes another acne near the previous acne... but i keep going using it...

also their scrub facial wash with bp ....

then last year, i move to japan for study

the season in here completely different, its dry and depends on season, winter especially, its really dry my face

because of that, i change my facial wash to local acne facial wash ... pair acne

around summer last year, i learn a este, its only cost 1000yen for sample course ... since its cheap, well why not give them a try...

then after sample course, since somehow they treatment is nice, they using dermabrassion like tools, vitamin c serum and bioptron lamp to treat acne, and those este people ask me to stop junkfood and eat lots greens

somehow i decide to continue the course even the course is really expensive somehow (20.000yen/course not included home treatment set) they plus point is, not only good service, but those este girls really cute lol! ....

for everyone want to know about them check la parler on search engine .... if u still cant find, check by region and set ur region to japan

i dunno how much it cost me, but since i can pay them with monthly credit, it got no problem

then i follow 10 course....

i get each course every 2 weeks... after few course... suprisingly they treatment works...

they remove all blemish on my face really fast .... plus on the course it really reduce breakouts on my face... and on 7th course i got no longer breakouts...then i complete the course

then on winter brake.... i careless and let my face dry overly... that time i still didnt know about this forum, and i think dry is good for my face since in my thinking that will dry the comedoes and after it dry, it will pop out by themself... but i wrong it makes breakout that i havent got for 2 months! ....

i got panic and because somehow i dun really try with previous bp treatment ... i try local treatment, its gel like ... which i still have to check the ingredients.... that treatment somehow really useless... the worst things is not only useless they also make pigmentation that makes the redness took time to heal....

because getting worst, i call the previous este, and the este recomend me to check on nearest dermatology first, well i dun plan to continue the course either, since its really expensive

then my dermatology prescribe me minomycin 50mg 2x/day with dalaciyn gel...

somehow dalacyin really slow in healling... my breakout is more than the healing... then i start reading the net.... and i forgot where, it said i can use dalacyin with bp ... since dalacyin heal the acne slow, i add the bp gel... and after 3 weeks i got the worst break out in my life... my face got lots cyst....

then after almost 2 months and after reading on nets about the side effects ... i stop meeting that derm... and stop the antibiotics... and ordering the dkr bp ....

and to make sure the proggress... i apply differently , on left cheek i apply as stop treatment and on right cheek i apply as whole treatment

1st weeks really makes changes... its clear current acne fast ....

2nd weeks somehow new breakout my move...

4th weeks making my face worst... i got lots cyst which before i rarely get....and i also get big cyst on my forehead, since before only comedoes like acne (that have some color like skin, but small bump and inflammation, even i squeeze them, rarely i got inflamattion)

then i am viewing back my history... and found out that somehow, maybe i have allergy to bp... since everytime i use bp, i got new breakout after healing and it keeping like that rather than clearing ...

note : while using bp, i am also following diet, eating lots greens and apple

because of that... maybe i am the unlucky person that allergy to bp... then i decide to stop bp since this week...now i am using AHA BHA face wash (http://www.rohto.co.jp/hadalabo/labo3/index.htm) it contain infamous salycid acid bHA and AHA... i dunno if this soap is ph balance or not, but somehow after washing my face, white heads really easy to pop

if i feel my face to dry then i switch to dr bronner tea tree magic soap ...

this is my first week using facial soap and lotion + moist + bioptron from este ...

somehow without bp is more better... i dun get big cyst breakout anymore

note : bioptron dun heal my acne... especially that comedoes acne... but the lamp to make my face looks bright and help a little with scar

following lion queen success story, now i am ordering paulas bha and green cream...

then i will follow up the proggress...

also adding my picture

if i review my history...

comedoes like acne treatment goes better with lots vitamin type treatment rather than acid treatment...

since those comedoes rarely goes inflame and for me i prefer i live with those comedoes in my face, rather than cyst or blemish that i dunno when it will be removed or reduced

since in my experience.... those comedoes breakout faster than bp heal that acne...

so the flow chart going like this

->comedoes breakout -> with bp-> turn to red blemish ->2nd days usually white head show up->3/4th days white head pop... which by 4th days, another comedoes should already turn to blemish too... which make my face really screw up and u should remember the cyst more prone to scar

if you experiencing same stuff like me, its up to u.. if u can handle 3 months+ of painful u can try bp method...

dieting dun do much in my experience... i still have to try 3days apple diet though...

eating junk food just make my face more oily... thats it...

right now in my mind goes like this ...

those people with red blesmish acne can try bp ... and often solve the problem

while whitehead comedoes thinggie acne... better avoid bp and go natural way, there some people on the board also say that they clear by following by water treatment...

bp acts as antibacterial, so inplace ur natural defense, bp fight acne but also remove ur natural defense... thus means that time ur face more prone to acne...

like when u taking antibiotics...

imho taking natural step first it better, rather than taking bp as first step...

just make sure ur face in ph balance state, not over dry or overly oily....

overly dry iritate urskin thus initiate inflamattion and overly oily also initiate inflamattion

and with that i guess u can avoid painful breakout

Hi Slyphnier,

I believe one mistake people with acne makes is because they want their acne to go away at such a short period of time that they would try anything.. meaning some would try so many products and experiments at such a short period of time. Like for me I tried so many OTC products at such a short period of time. I even use a product at a large consumption. For example if I had a pimple on my chin, I'd put a large amount of BP on it and hopefully it would go away or get smaller. Well most of the time it didn't work.. it actually made things worse.

My family I'm the only one that breaks out, and I figured it has smth to do with all the products I used. I warned my sister not to use any products when she breaks out with a pimple or two. I didn't want her to get her skin irritated and get breakouts and redmarks like i do.

Why don't you try to do less on your skin to make it less irritated?

another add

from japanese research about sleeping time, why sleep night, before 6am is good and the best start sleep at 10pm ...

thats because at 10~2 there are special hormon from brain? that spreading... and another hormon from 2am to 6am (these hormon that make our body more resist to various disease)

why these hormon spread on those time ?

from research said, this hormon spread our body automatically detect that around it dark... thats why after 6am the hormon stop spreading...

on those news, its more focusing on 2am~6am hormones not 10pm~2am hormon...

i dunno whether its help with acne or not...

but i ever tried several times sleeping more ealier ie. 11pm...

the result somehow improve my overal face abit...but i am not a person that can keep sticking 11pm to start sleep....

maylin thank you for the advice... yeah i guess i should leave it alone ...

since that is the best right

but for now only, since my face condition currenly worst enuf, so i want to give a try BHA... since from what i read on lion queen faqs... BHA might could do purging to... so maybe i will get breakout from bha too...

while why i am trying bha, its because i want to get rid comedoes like acne.... and hopefully it does ^^

whether those bha can handle comedoes like acne or not ... later i guess i will stick to simple way, wash 2x day + lotion if needed

before i ever think that my acne is because heritage... my father also got lots acne when he young... but not my mom... my sister also got acne... but luckily she is better, she got back acne rather than face acne...

u know what reading this forum, can make people more confuse what they should do rather than helping them sometimes hehehehe

anyway thanks again for the advice...

maylin thank you for the advice... yeah i guess i should leave it alone ...

since that is the best right

but for now only, since my face condition currenly worst enuf, so i want to give a try BHA... since from what i read on lion queen faqs... BHA might could do purging to... so maybe i will get breakout from bha too...

while why i am trying bha, its because i want to get rid comedoes like acne.... and hopefully it does ^^

whether those bha can handle comedoes like acne or not ... later i guess i will stick to simple way, wash 2x day + lotion if needed

before i ever think that my acne is because heritage... my father also got lots acne when he young... but not my mom... my sister also got acne... but luckily she is better, she got back acne rather than face acne...

u know what reading this forum, can make people more confuse what they should do rather than helping them sometimes hehehehe

anyway thanks again for the advice...

wow... lindasy.com shipping really fast considering they ship from usa...

also i got paulas bha and moisture from singapore distributor today...

since i think no good rushing and trying out those product in one run ... so decide i will start my last attempt in clearing acne using acid regime with paulas bha

i will use green cream sometimes next week to see the proggress with bha first

so my current regime will be like this :

morning -> fash wash AHABHA tamagohada (local facial soap)

night -> fash wash AHABHA continuing with bioptron light then BHA and then last moisture

anyway i like paula moisture somehow, it absorb quick and silky ....

while for BHA... well its kinda like lotion, its liquid enuf imo... (glad i follow lion queen recommendation if not i will get little trouble applying it)

Note : for few days i only done fash washing only.... and the good side, breakout minimized by 80%... infact i think no new breakout, the breakout i get is because uncomplete heal thus the acne rebirth... lots acne healing up.... my skin barrier also actived again, i tried to pop zits this morning, before when i use bp almost it will make new breakout, but no sign of breakout until now, will see tomorrow...

well like that... we will see for few days... i hope this regime can help me...

hopefully can reduce blemish / redness fast too... since next week is golden week, which holiday for a week and of course vacation time... i dun want to ruin my vacation because acne...

current breakout already ruin 1 month spring holiday!!!!!!

2nd days using paulas bha... somehow i got new breakout... it might caused by previous acne picking or reaction to bha... seems purging always happen in beginning of new regimen....

the good things... this bha works better in healing current acne than bp (my personal experience) ... while bp always heal my acne with poping the acne... but bha heal my acne from inside which lots better to prevent scarring

skin dryness also felt a little bit, but not as dry as bp... and its still tolerable even without moisture imo

will monitor further more...

4th days... the proggress is exfoliating skin... i dunno whether this kinda exfoliating to iritating for my skin or not... but since now i still using bha in night only

while keep using moisture on morning and night...

current condition :

new breakout occur, at the place near previous acne (i should blame my self for picking those white heads)

some redness linger

i still dun find any changed in my comedoes acne... its remain same as before... might need more time

with this new regime...well i dunno whether the proggress will be good or not

but what i have to be more careful and diligent in taking care my face....

my hand kinda itchy when seeing white heads, and always try to pop it...the good things, those white heads easy to pop...

my sleep time gettings worst ... around 2am .... need to sleep more earlier

and snack... i had to get rid those snack somehow... been eating chocolate waffers to much ....

hope i can get rid these blemish by summer....

oh GOD please help me get rid this acne.....

my face somehow abit clearing up ... after lots white head pop down

thanks god! ... somehow bha seems working!!

there still new breakout, but really minimize compared to last week

the blemish / redness also lingering, well my face still full red marks, but i estimate, by next 3 weeks, those redness will goes away

until now i havent using green cream, since i havent got sunscreen

only bha and paula moisture, same face wash

and some vitamin a and b

just seeing my face in the mirror, somehow those comedoes rising, seems bha doing its work and trying to push out those comedoes out

i kinda confused, why cyst acne on the right side on my jaw line havent cured...

its more like cure and then new acne remaking....

by now, its almost 2 weeks i am using bha

around 4weeks to 6weeks before i giving hope to bha either

by now its around 2 weeks using new regime

the proggress so far really good

those comedoes getting out of my face thanks to either paulas bha and green cream

i still got breakout but the breakout really minimize around 50% ... before i can get breakout every each day, but now a week only 3 or 4 breakout

the redness also reduced around 30% ... its still visible but getting back to my previous skin

by now i using green cream every 3 days or 2 days, and let my skin get used to the green cream before i am using every night

before i am saying clinique sunscreen to thick and somehow i dun really like it

but i kinda getting to like it, after few days using it, i learn how to apply it nicely... well i had to apply it to all area on my face so it wont discolor my face

and since its kinda like foundation, its reduce my redness scar by 20% ... so its nice ^^

let see another week

i am cant wait to get clear face

no update lately, well last week i got cold, and havent fully recover by now, plus other daily stuff

the proggress so far still good, BHA with GreenCream keep pushing all comedoes out to the surface

my face condition now :

i still got breakout, once a week, the breakout really minimized!

the redness scar previous still there but keep reducing, seems need around a month or two or maybe more to completely disappear

during cold, i only wash fash once each day, dunno, but somehow its really hard moving my body from bed that time...

anyway i notice, green cream purging lots faster than bha

while BHA purging slowly, but it minimize the breakout ...

for me, i prefer fast purging, i since few days ago, i using green cream every night, which before once every 2 night

Green Cream also make my pores goes smaller, its really damn nice topical treatment imho! ... what u pay for it really worthed each penny!

since not only do purging and smalling the pores, it reduce visible scar too!

as soon my face clear, i will take some pic and upload it

ok somehow my acne now already on controlled level....

all comedoes that stucked in my deep skin 70%more cleared up

there left over that seems need more time

until now it almost 2 months passed and i am glad with the result

my current face condition :

the breakout still occurs, but not cyst only small pimple with with head that can be cured in few days. rarely i got big pimple breakout anymore

my current regime :

morning

>/face wash aha-bha local soap (although somepeople already recommend me more milder facial wash, but since i didnt get any bad effect from it, i keep using it until now)

>/paula BHA2%

>/clinique sunscreen 25spf

evening

>/ face wash aha-bha

>/ green cream

>/ paula moisture

couple times a week, i take vitamin a or b as supplement