Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
pimpmypimple

Im totally convinced

Right three years ago i started getting acne at the tender age of 13, meaning i was totally innocent to the fact i had any, meaning it did not bother me in the slightest(my acne was like 6 spots a week)But now at the age of sixteen i'am alot more wiser and things are starting to get diffrent for me, eg, i want a girlfreind, no embarassment etc.Sometimes my face breaks out quite badly an mainly affects my cheeks an chin area.But 5 months ago i contemplated the fact that a bad diet is the source of my acne.So i tested it, i drank water(no other sugary drinks), stayed off all spicy foods(curry, pizza etc.) and within two weeks my skin had a noticable diffrence.

my skin was pratically clear for a couple of months an it felt great, i was no longer self concious etc.But just recently i went back into my bad habit diet, and my skin regretably has broken out quite badly!.

Question is, can this at all be possibly true or is it all in the mind?

i don't this is the point being disputed, more the fact that it affects everybody in a different way and to different degrees. Hence some people can consume junk food incessantly and never acquire a single zit in their lifetime, and others rely on a strict diet in order to remain acne -free, and not forgetting all those inbetweeners.

Either way diet plays a vital role in the functioning of our hormones and organs as you said gymrat, and so obviously a healthy diet is going to determine overall health.

So viva la vegetables!

:dance:

x

garbage in (diet) --> garbage out (appearence/health)

and just because some person's poor diet doesn't show up on their skin doesn't necessarily mean that their body is healthy internally *points to many thin people getting heart problems*

If you were able to get results like that so quickly by changing your diet, that's a wonderful thing!! I'm sure many on these boards wish it could be so easy for them.

It's a great idea to start eating healthy anyway just for health reasons alone - clear skin is a nice side benefit. :) You don't necessarily need to cut out "all" junk from your diet though. I'd go for mostly eating healthy, but if you want to eat pizza now and then - do! Keep in mind too that "healthy" doesn't have to mean "bland." Healthy eating can be very tasty.

It sounds to me like you would probably respond really well to green smoothies. If you add green smoothies into your daily diet (click the link in my signature below for my thread about them), you'll easily get in your fresh fruits and leafy greens for the day, and leafy greens are amazing at helping to keep acne away. I've been a healthy eater for years, but it wasn't until I added green smoothies to my diet that my acne cleared - leafy greens are my best friends when it comes to acne!

Sounds to me like you totally have the power to control your acne - lucky you! :)

If you were able to get results like that so quickly by changing your diet, that's a wonderful thing!! I'm sure many on these boards wish it could be so easy for them.

It's a great idea to start eating healthy anyway just for health reasons alone - clear skin is a nice side benefit. :) You don't necessarily need to cut out "all" junk from your diet though. I'd go for mostly eating healthy, but if you want to eat pizza now and then - do! Keep in mind too that "healthy" doesn't have to mean "bland." Healthy eating can be very tasty.

It sounds to me like you would probably respond really well to green smoothies. If you add green smoothies into your daily diet (click the link in my signature below for my thread about them), you'll easily get in your fresh fruits and leafy greens for the day, and leafy greens are amazing at helping to keep acne away. I've been a healthy eater for years, but it wasn't until I added green smoothies to my diet that my acne cleared - leafy greens are my best friends when it comes to acne!

Sounds to me like you totally have the power to control your acne - lucky you! :)

You sound like a quality person, thanks for the help i really do appreciate it!.

i'l be brewing your green smoothie in no time :dance:

it all depends, different people are affected by different things.

i personally have a decent diet, but i still eat a lot of trash food, and my face isnt really affected by it, seeing as how im 95% clear right now.

You sound like a quality person, thanks for the help i really do appreciate it!.

i'l be brewing your green smoothie in no time :dance:

How nice! Thanks! :) You might want to start with spinach for the smoothies, as it has a mild flavor and try sweet fruits like apples, bananas, pears and frozen fruits like pineapple, mango, tropical fruit mix, etc. Let me know if you have any questions!

It could also very well be a psychological thing. I think we can all agree that stress causes acne, and some people get really stressed when one of two pimple show and that can lead to even more zits. Maybe by changing your choice of foods, you were expecting results and .... you got your results! I use to get so stressed about acne, but now I have a more optimistic attitude towards it, and if you look at my log (as of today) I only have 1 pimple left.

It could also very well be a psychological thing. I think we can all agree that stress causes acne, and some people get really stressed when one of two pimple show and that can lead to even more zits. Maybe by changing your choice of foods, you were expecting results and .... you got your results! I use to get so stressed about acne, but now I have a more optimistic attitude towards it, and if you look at my log (as of today) I only have 1 pimple left.

stress isnt that big of a factor in my opinion, not as big as things like sugar insulin and igf-1 or excess omega 6 in the absence of omega 3 or a deviance from a 4:1 ratio of omega 6:3.

or dairy consumption, or even the ultimate genetic factor.

So stress i think is way way down there, but i think that acne itself causes stress and not the other way around.thats why every one seems to think its important because when they breakout they are stressed so they think its stress but really they are stressed because they are breaking out.

Right three years ago i started getting acne at the tender age of 13, meaning i was totally innocent to the fact i had any, meaning it did not bother me in the slightest(my acne was like 6 spots a week)But now at the age of sixteen i'am alot more wiser and things are starting to get diffrent for me, eg, i want a girlfreind, no embarassment etc.Sometimes my face breaks out quite badly an mainly affects my cheeks an chin area.But 5 months ago i contemplated the fact that a bad diet is the source of my acne.So i tested it, i drank water(no other sugary drinks), stayed off all spicy foods(curry, pizza etc.) and within two weeks my skin had a noticable diffrence.

my skin was pratically clear for a couple of months an it felt great, i was no longer self concious etc.But just recently i went back into my bad habit diet, and my skin regretably has broken out quite badly!.

Question is, can this at all be possibly true or is it all in the mind?

its the sugar and bad fat omega 6!! get your energy from fat calories(coconut) and you will never look back.

I'm certain it's not in your mind! As long as I stay away from:

Sugar

Bad fats

Salt

Too much bread/potatoes

Dairy

I stay clear!