Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest Stu :-)

Digestion and BAD GAS

Guest Stu :-)

Yeh not the best of topics, but i have a self explantary issue. Ive recently got back into body building and have uped my protein intake quite considerably, with the help of a few extra carbs. Trouble is ive got bruises all over my chin where i have repeatedly knocked myself out from the gas shooting out my ass. It reeks, not cool. Why is this happening? I have read various sources off the net, do you think Enzymes might help with this? Im not constipated, i pass often, but somethings not right..

any experts

Protein that doesn't get digested, essentially 'rots' in yourr stomach. I've been a heavy lifter for about 5 years, and will say that from experience, although i have no scientific evidence to back it. If i eat way too much protein, even calories in general - I get gas like crazy. As well, certain whey powders give me gas as well.

I am not totally convinced it is the protein. I eat tons of protein, and barely any carbs, and get very little gas. If you have tons of gas, you may have some digestive problem, like celiac sprue, or lactose intolerance, or both. Also, people with oral allergy syndrome (search it on google) or food allergies are likely to have gas. I am not so sure that protein "rots" in your stomach. Even though I eat tons of protein, especially red meat, I never feel sick or bloated or have much gas, and my poop always is perfect looking. The only way that protein may not get digested fully, is if you have something wrong in your digestive tract. Like gall bladder problems, or something like that. Humans have evolved to eat tons of protein, it is unlikely that protein alone is the source of your problems.

I have a very hard time digesting red meat. It sits on my stomach like a brick for what seems like forever. Any time you are not digesting your food as quickly or properly as you should it causes problems. The undigested matter sits and then begins to ferment. Fermentation puts off gases and those gases have to go some where. Some people with severe digestive problems have bad breath that smells like bile. At least yours is coming out the other end. Digestive enzymes might help. I have also read that 1 glass of cabbage juice after eating might help also. I have no idea what cabbage juice does. I woulda thought that the cabbage juice would make the gas worse. I would stick with the enzymes.

Pepsin is a vital digestive enzyme that breaks up the proteins of ingested food. Hydrochloric acid breaks down tough proteins such as fibrous meats, vegetables and poultry. You can find HCl in the form of Betaine HCl and glutamic acid HCl.

Hope that helps. Lorrie

i have been taking whey for a few months and i don't notice any significant change in gas on days where i do not consume it

on the other hands as soon as i eat any legumes the gas becomes more frequent and stronger smell :( i don't get bloated or fatigued from consuming them but the gas is definitely stronger from all the fiber